9

y/n woke up confused. he wasn't in his bed, he wasn't in his room, he wasn't even in his own shirt.

y/n started patting the bed and felt a piece of power make noise under his palm.

y/n took it and began to read.

'had to leave early. hand man wanted me in before we got down to business.
i'll make it up to you later, i promise
-dabi '

"he's gonna be the death of me," y/n groaned as he stood up and made his way towards the kitchen to get his apartment keys.

once he grabbed them, he locked dabi's door and made his way to his own room. sunako was still asleep, and the heavy sleeper that she was, he didn't need to worry about waking her.

once he was finally in his own room, he face planted into his bed. he quickly fell asleep, since he was far from a morning person.

once asleep, he entered a familiar world. he smiled to himself as he made his way onto the top of the mountain.

this time, he wasn't alone.

he saw dabi.

"shouldn't you be working?" y/n questioned as he sat beside his lover.

dabi didn't speak. he was afraid to.

"dabi?" he wouldn't budge. "love, what's wrong?"

"this is goodbye, y/n." dabi turned to his soulmate, finally revealing the many wounds on his body.

y/n gasped as his eyes watered.

"n-no," y/n wanted to touch him, to hold him, but he couldn't help him. "you can't leave me, not again."

y/n felt the tears flowing down his face.

"don't wait around, yeah?" dabi leaned back and looked up at the fake sky. "i'm glad i'm spending this time with you."

y/n didn't want to speak. he just dragged dabi closer to him and held him close to his chest.

"you feel so real," y/n whispered as he placed soft kisses all around his soulmate's face.

"i know," dabi held y/n's hand and place his forehead onto y/n's. "this is the best we have, i don't even know where my body is currently. i was warped to the place."

"i wish i could've stopped you from leaving," dabi pulled y/n into his chest.

"this isn't your fault, shigaraki needed me and i went."

"i wish we had more time, i wish things were fair."

"me too, my love" dabi felt himself being ready to part ways. "this is goodbye for now."

"please," y/n chocked out as he grasped to what was left of his lover.

before he could blink, he was gone.

y/n felt an unbearable pain in his chest, which woke him up.

"SUNAKO! SUNAKO PLEASE," y/n cried out as he ran to his friend's room, tears once again falling down his face.

"woah woah woah," sunako turned on the lamp she had on her side table and sat up, already hugging y/n. "what's going on?"

"h-he's gone!" y/n sobbed.

"what happened," sunako rubbed y/n's back as he cried into her shoulder.

"some fucking hero," y/n tried his best to explain, but it hurt too much.

his chest was pounding. his body knew something was wrong, but there was no way to fix it.

his soulmate, his second half, was dead. and there was no getting him back.