2

"dude wake up," y/n looked up to see sunako, one of his coworkers, shaking him awake.

"i'm up, i'm up," y/n said as he stretched his arms and yawned.

"you're gonna get fired one of these days," sunako shook her head as she tied up her long violet hair into a ponytail.

"i didn't get to sleep last night, i had to cover someone's night shift," y/n said as he leaned over the counter.

the now 22-year-old has been working at the convenience store for a few months as a way to make extra money aside from the babysitting jobs he took on the weekends.

sunako was one of his only friends that he had. the 5'9 female with a healer quirk was a force to be reckoned with. the two had met in their first year of high school and moved into an apartment with one another quickly after graduation.

"have you seen him recently?" sunako asked once a costumer she checked out left the store.

y/n only sighed and shook his head no, sunako would often ask him the same question, y/n would always give the same answer.

"you'll see him someday," y/n and sunako said at the same time.

"yeah i know," y/n said as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"welcome," y/n said once he heard the bell ding open, alerting him that a new customer had walked in.

y/n and sunako watched as a tall man with a black hoodie ignored the greeting and went deep into one of the isles.

"think we'll get robbed?" sunako whispered to y/n.

"hope not. that'd be a pain," y/n sighed as he sat back down in his chair.

minutes passed before the tall man made his way to y/n. y/n gulped as he stood up, he was no match for someone who seemed to be at least 6 feet tall.

"i hope you found everything well," y/n tried to stay calm as he scanned the man's items. a bag of chips and a monster can. "the white ones my favorite."

the man nodded before taking out his wallet and placing the money on the counter.

"have a nice day," y/n said as he handed the man back his change. the man held eye contact with y/n for a second before smirking.

"you too," was all he said before he left.

y/n watched as the man left.

"you alright?" sunako asked as she patted her friends back.

"yeah," y/n was still starring at the glass door. "he just looks familiar."

"hey our shifts over in a bit, why don't we go out to eat?"

"can't," y/n looked at his phone to check the time. "i'm having dinner with my aunt and my cousin."

"alright, tell inko i said hi." y/n nodded before greeting the new costumers that walked in.

-

"y/n! it's been so long!" inko greeted her nephew with a tight hug. once she released y/n, she moved out of the way to let him into the apartment.

"sorry i don't visit more often," y/n said as he took off his shoes.

"nonsense," inko shook her head. "you're an adult, i understand you don't have time." y/n looked at his aunt and smiled.

such a shame his mother was nothing like her.

"could you go get izuku? he's been in his room studying all day." y/n only nodded and made his way to his younger cousins room, even though the door was opened, he still knocked to get his attention.

"n/n (nickname)!" izuku stood up to give y/n a hug.

"hey kiddo," y/n ruffled izuku's hair once he pulled away. "what're you studying for?"

"we have a final exam for this term soon," izuku explained.

"well good luck with that," y/n looked around his cousin's room, it was still filled with all might merch. "how's kacchan? you need me to beat him up for you?"

"n-no!" izuku panicked as he rapidly waved his hands.

"well that's good," y/n leaned on the door frame. "that kid would rip me to shreds."

"i think you'd put up a good fight," y/n smiled softly.

"c'mon, let's go eat."

the dinner was filled with small talk. inko would constantly ask y/n if he needed anything, she always like a second, and better, mother to him.

when the dinner was over, y/n helped inko with the dishes and wished them both a goodnight before leaving.

his apartment wasn't too far from the midoryia residence, but it was far enough to make the walk back not so safe at 9 pm.

as y/n turned the corner, he felt as if someone was following him. he cursed to himself quietly, times like this were the ones he really wished he had been born with a quirk.

he took out his phone and called sunako and continued to walk at the same speed while he anxiously awaited the phone to be answered.

"y/n!" suanko said rather loudly as she answered the phone. "hey you on your way home?"

"yeah," y/n turned to look quickly behind him. "if i'm not home in 10 minutes, come get me alright?"

"is something wrong?" y/n heard shuffling from sunako, he figured she was standing up.

"no i'm just paranoid, plus i'm not too far from the apartment."

"alright, just call me back if you need."

"i will, see you in a bit."

"later."

once y/n put his phone back in his pocket, he turned around to see that the figure was no longer following him.

"huh," y/n starred at the darkness for a bit. "must've been imagining things."

y/n quickly made his way to his apartment building, while he took out his keys, he couldn't help but sense someone starring at him.

he looked around him and his eyes were met with piercing turquoise ones.

"shit!" y/n yelped as he fumbled his keys.

"didn't mean to scare you," the tall man spoke.

"have we met before?" y/n could net help but ask, the man seemed oddly familiar.

"earlier today," was all the man said while he quickly unlocked the apartment building with his own set of keys, leaving y/n alone.

y/n remembered the man that he had checked out earlier today, what a small world it had to be that they lived in the same apartment building.

what a small world.

right?