WHAT'S A SOULMATE?

everyone has a soulmate.

no matter what age, gender, or sexuality, there is someone out there who was truly made just for you.

once two soulmates are 5 years old, they visit each other in their dreams. the scenery is usually depicted as a calm area where both souls are peacefully allowed to communicate.

the combined dreams don't always occur. if someone's soulmate was younger than them, they would have to wait until their soulmate turned five. though, soulmates don't usually have too large of an age gap. another reasoning for the dreams not occurring would be that one soulmate had started taking pills that would stop the connection between the two every night.

in the case for toya todoroki, the six-year-old entered the dream realm only to be greeted with a young boy's voice yelling.

with enough vague directions being yelled, the two boys ended up starring at one another from opposite sides of a small river. toya quickly crossed and hugged his soulmate. he had been waiting for this moment since he learned about soulmates.

the young boys spent the rest of their night talking about their home lives. toya tried being vague on the subject, he didn't like thinking about the sad excuse that was his father.

"so i'll see you tomorrow night, right?" y/n questioned as he felt himself waking up.

"well, i'd hope so," toya gave a bright smile that made y/n smile back.

"well in that case," y/n leaned back on the grass that they sat on and closed his eyes. "i'll see you tomorrow todoroki."

"you can call me-" before toya could finish, he was gone. a sad smile grew on toya's face. he didn't know why he reacted that way.

it's not like he wouldn't have the rest of his life to see him in his dreams.