3

"sunako i swear i've seen him before!" y/n said as he sat down next to sunako on the couch.

"well yeah, he came into the store earlier," sunako said as she scrolled through netflix on her laptop.

"well yeah but he just seems so familiar, even when he was paying earlier. i feel like i've met him before."

"maybe he's your soulmate," sunako joked.

"no from what i remember my soulmate has a redhead."

"people can dye their hair."

y/n sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"hey," sunako moved her laptop to the side of her and motioned for y/n to rest his head on her shoulder, he complied. "don't stress over this. you don't need to live your whole life waiting to see your soulmate again."

"that's easy for you to say, you see yours all the time."

"and? it's not like i have the option of being with him." y/n sat up and frowned at sunako.

"don't look at me like that," sunako pushed y/n away from her. "he's a hero at the end of the day, i can't expect him to be seen publicly with me."

"is that why he comes here randomly?" y/n pointed out.

"yeah, but he's been busy lately so now i only see him in my dreams."

"speaking of dreams," y/n stood up. "we should go to bed, we have the opening shift."

"alright," sunako stood up, grabbed her laptop, and walked towards her room. "goodnight."

"night," y/n said as he went to turn off the living room light.

as he was walking back to his room, y/n heard a loud noise from upstairs. sounded as if a pill bottle hit the floor.

y/n waved it off as he went to his room and changed into sweatpants and a white tank top.

he figured he'd spent the night alone again, so he wore something basic, since whatever a soulmate fell asleep in would be what they wore in their dream realm.

as y/n drifted off into his dream realm, he felt a familiar wave of sadness wash over him. it was normal for this to happen. the loneliness has been eating at him for awhile now.

once y/n was finally in his dream realm, he walked up to the cliff where he last saw toya and climbed it, like he did every other night.

once he reached the top, he sat so his legs would dangle over the edge. y/n slid back and sighed.

he's gotten quite tired of this place for the past 8 years he's been here alone.

"hello?" y/n quickly sat up and turned around. was he hearing things? was he insane? there was no way that this would be the night toya finally showed up, right?

"toya?" y/n yelled out. he heard ruffling from the tress below him. he stood up and quickly made his way down the cliff. once y/n was at the river, he looked around.

"toya," y/n breathed out as he saw a tall man across the river from him.

y/n ran across the shallow river, not caring over the fact that his sweats were getting wet.

once he was finally face to face with toya, he stood there and looked up at him.

"hi," toya spoke with a sad smile. y/n felt tears form in his eyes as he pulled toya down to his level and tightly hugged him.

y/n felt tears streaming down his face while he held his grip on his other half.

once y/n released his grip, he let toya go and got a better look at him.

"what happened?" y/n asked as he put his hand on toya's scarred cheek.

"let's go on the cliff," toya rested his hand over y/n's. "i'll explain things then."

-

"the league of villains, huh?"

"it's not as bad as it seems," y/n looked at toya and frowned. "stop with that look."

"have you killed someone?" toya didn't respond. y/n shook his head and stood up.

"where are you going?" toya looked confused.

"you think i spent all this time alone and didn't figure out how to wake up?" y/n chuckled and looked down at the shallow river below him.

y/n turned around and faced toy with a smirk.

"see you tomorrow," we're his last words before letting himself fall backwards.

toya frantically looked over the edge and saw as y/n disappeared in front of his eyes.

"i probably deserve that," toya sighed as he went back to where he originally sat.

he looked around at the area that was once so familiar to him.

while he wouldn't admit it to himself, he missed it. he missed having this place as his escape as a kid.

he missed y/n, he just had no idea how their relationship would work from now on.

toya leaned back and shook his head while he smirked as he looked up at his pretend sky.

"what the hell are you doing to me y/n?"