Chapter 26

*** This was a triple update! Please make sure you read Chapters 24 and 25 before this. :)***

TW: blood

Chapter 26

Harry's eyes darted straight to my lips once the words tumbled out of them. A small smile curved onto his own mouth as he murmured, "You don't know what you're saying, River."

"I do know what I'm saying." The words came out a bit strained, despite my insistence. "Use me as your distraction."

It was an effort to keep still – not to fidget while he moved closer, his chest brushing against mine. He let his fingers drift casually from my mouth down my neck, where he pulled the material of my shirt back a fraction to inspect the skin.

"Do you know what being my distraction entails?" He asked softly and suddenly braced his hands on my hips, lifting me from the ground and whirling us both around so that he could seat me on the counter. He placed his hands on either of my knees, spreading them apart so that he could stand between them. "I thought you were still mad at me. For holding you prisoner."

"I am," I managed, tilting my head to the side as Harry leaned in. He ran his nose up the length of my neck, burrowing it just below my ear where he sucked in a sharp breath. "But wasn't it you who said sex didn't have to mean anything?"

Harry huffed a thick chuckle against my neck, the mere action warming me down to the core. He was rubbing harsh circles against my leg with his thumb, his hands having moved from my knees to make their way up my thighs. "It doesn't have to mean anything," he said dangerously, pulling back a fraction so that he could grab hold of my chin and direct me to look at him. "I just want to make sure you know what you're getting yourself into."

With a shaky breath, I softly said, "I know what I'm getting myself into."

Harry cocked his head to the side, the hand that he still had braced on my thigh continuing to inch itself higher. "Do you?" He leaned in, tipping my head up so that he could brush his lips over my throat. "Because you haven't been inside my head River. You don't exactly know all of the things I have lined up that I want to do to you."

His mouth moved back to the side of my jaw, where he raked his teeth along my skin. He dropped his hand to wrap around my neck, giving a light squeeze, before lifting his other from my thigh to wrap around my hip.

"Show me," I breathed, pushing my hips forward on the counter. "I want to know what you've thought about."

Harry let out a small groan at the contact, driving his own hips forward to align the two of us. He dropped his head lower, and when I attempted to push even closer, he held me down with his hand to prevent me from moving – controlling me.

"I told you I have no compassion," he pulled back, our foreheads nearly touching as he breathed the words an inch from my mouth. He tightened his grip around my neck. "And the same applies to how I want to fuck you. Hard, aggressive, compassionless until you can't even fuckin' walk." His fingers dipped underneath the hem of my shirt as he muttered, "Is that something you can fucking handle, innocent thing? Or is that too much for you?"

My heart thundered in my chest. Every last thought from earlier – every single point I'd made to distance myself, to stay away from this mess, had evaded me. All I could think about right now was him. And how much I wanted him to fucking ruin me.

With a small grin and another shaky breath, I managed to utter the words, "Do your fucking worst, pretty boy."

Harry pulled back to look at me, his eyes darkening. He swallowed harshly, before the corners of his own mouth turned up in a grin – those pink fucking lips curving to match his expression of malice. The one I couldn't differentiate from wanting to kill me or eat me alive.