Chapter 64

Chapter 64

"You can't come with me."

"Why?"

"Because you can't."

"Riv," Harry glanced over at me, one arm rested against the back of the couch and the other over my legs, which were currently in his lap. He gave my knee a squeeze. "Give me one good reason why I can't come to the studio with you today."

"Watch the show," I jerked my chin at the screen in front of us, noting how his eyes never left my face as I turned to look at the screen. "You're missing one of my favourite parts. Jess and Nick are about to have a threesome with the landlord–"

"What?" Harry's eyes whirled toward the screen, and he let out an angry huff. "They are not. Look at 'em. They're fighting about it and plus, the landlord's a creep."

"Well, you'd know if you watched."

"You'd do some shit like that," he scoffed, fingers opening and closing absentmindedly on my knee. "Assume that your weird fuckin' landlord is just nice and then I'd have to be the one to save you when he tries to coerce you into a threesome–"

"My landlord is nice," I laughed, chewing on my lower lip and wishing I could give the show my full attention. Unfortunately, it had been snagged by Harry. It seemed that was always the case. "He actually made me brownies once."

"Oh my god," Harry's hand paused on my knee, and he glanced over at me again, looking utterly appalled. "What the fuck? You didn't eat them did you–?"

"Of course, I did," I shrugged, struggling to contain more laughter. "They were better than anything I could have ever baked."

"Fucking hell," Harry shook his head, never taking his eyes off me. "Jesus Christ, you would eat them. Did you feel weird after? Did you tell him that you ate them?"

"We ate them together," I responded, watching as his eyes grew wider. "And I did feel weird. Probably 'cause they were edibles, though."

"Oh, my fucking god," Harry repeated and threw my legs off his lap. "He drugged you?" He was shaking his head with murderous intent now, making to get up off the couch. "Where's he live? Your building? What fuckin' apartment number–?"

"Harry, calm down!" I laughed, scrambling to grab hold of his sleeve and yank him back onto the couch. "I knew they were edibles, you moron. I'm friends with my landlord. He's a few years older than me–" this really set Harry off but before he could interject, I clarified, "–and he's married. To a man, might I add." He didn't look amused. "You know..." I cocked my head to the side, grinning, "Maybe he would be a good option to have a threesome with–"

The words had barely left my mouth before suddenly Harry was launching himself in my direction, his body landing on top of mine. He braced a leg between my knees and put his hands against the armrest of the couch on either side of my head. "Careful," he warned, grinning wide enough to show his dimple.

"You be careful," I shot back. "All bruised up and jumping over here like a madman – Harry! Stop–" I giggled as he slid his hands underneath my shirt. "–that tickles–"

"Good," he replied, lowering himself down a bit. "I'd rather have you laughing than telling me you're gonna fuck two other dudes." He let his fingers wander a bit further below my shirt until they marked a path toward my back, where he eventually ceased his movements in order to wrap his arms around my ribs. His head came down to rest on my chest just below my chin, face angled toward the TV. "Non voglio sentire parlare di te che fai sesso con altre persone," he murmured. "Voglio essere l'unico con cui fai sesso. L'unico a cui dai il tuo tempo. L'unico che può farti ridere così... sempre."