Chips on the Sea Front

"What?!" I exclaim, both in shock and - fear. 

Neither of us speak for a moment, and all we can hear is Steve belting out, "Just gimme a call! Don't. Stop. Me. Now! Cause I'm having a good time, having a good time!" Even that doesn't make me smile. 

"How does he think it's possible?" I ask. 

"I'm not sure, he can tell you more himself, that's all I know," she says, sounding almost scared. 

"Thank you, Wanda," I say."It's okay Nat. I've gotta go sorry, Vis said he's making some sort of fancy dish for tonight and I think I should supervise." 

"It's okay, thanks again. See you soon, hopefully," I say, and she leaves. Good timing too,because the song has just finished. I open the bathroom door to see Steve holding my hairbrush to his mouth and taking a bow. I laugh a little. 

"Oh...hi Nat. I was just - brushing my hair," he says. He puts down the brush. "Do you want to tell me what she said?" 

"Yes please," I say. 

"Come on then," he says, and I sit down on the bed. He sits next to me. 

"Bruce thinks there's a way to reverse what they did to me in the graduation ceremony," I say all at once. 

"What? How?"

"I don't know. Wanda said that's all she's been told," I say to him. "I need to call him, Steve, find out the details. Do you think he's mad at me?" 

"There's only one way to find out," he says. He is much better at kissing than he is at giving advice, that's for sure. 

"Well, here we go again then," I say, and voice call Bruce. He takes a little longer to pick up this time. "Hey."

"Has Wanda been?"

"Yeah, she just left. What do you mean, how are able to reverse what they did?" I ask.

"I'm not certain, but I think there is a way. I've got a few specialists helping me out. Don't worry. they're all female so if you decide to go through with this then there won't be any males there." 

"Go through with what?"

 "The operation. Doctor Seville says she might be able to do some sort of transplant and undo stitches or something. I'm not sure of the physical details, I'm more the science side,but trust me she knows what she's doing." 

"How - how much more research are you doing?" 

"A few days I think, and then - only if you want to of course - we will be ready for the operation." 

"Oh my gosh." 

"I know it's a lot to take in, but - give it a think and let me know. Bye Natasha, be safe."Bruce hangs up and my head falls onto Steve's shoulder. By the sound of what Bruce is saying it's going to be possible to reverse it. For me to able to...have a family. But do I want that? Do I want that to be able to happen? And aren't the Avengers my family now? I don't know. 

"Steve...what should I do?" I say.

"You know I can't make this decision for you, Nat. If I were you, I'd have the operation. But then I'm not you and I haven't been through what you have. How about you wait until tonight and then go with what your gut instinct tell you?" Steve says, and I look up into his eyes. 

"Thank you," I say. 

"You need to stop thanking me," he replies. 

"How else can I repay you? Biscuits?"