Be Mine

Summary:

Mew and Gulf have been best friends since kindergarten and when you're that close with someone, you're bound to catch feelings. Will Gulf ever confess to Mew or will he keep his feelings a secret, forever?

"That is all for today, I'll see everyone next week. Please go through next week's slides before coming in, thank you" the professor said as everyone begins to pack their things and leave the lecture hall.

Gulf yawned and stretched his back, "Finally" he said as he grabbed his bag, ready to leave.

A scoff was heard as his best friend shook his head. "What do you mean 'finally', you barely paid any attention" Mew laughed.

"Well, that's why I'm glad it ended," Gulf said as they exited the lecturer hall. "The lecture was so boring, plus, I'm starving. Let's get something to eat before our next class" he said.

"Something spicy?" Gulf smiled, he likes how Mew always know what he is craving for.

"Always"

"Well, let's go! Can't let that tummy of yours starve any longer" Mew said as he pulled Gulf's hand. For those who didn't know them personally, would think that they are together but actually, they are just best friends. They have been friends since kindergarten and they managed to keep their friendship till today. People would say they're like a combo, always coming in pairs. If you see Mew, there's a high percentage that Gulf would be there too and vice versa.

However, to most people, they didn't understand how they got along well as they are the complete opposite of each other. Gulf is an introvert who doesn't like studying but ace in sports, while Mew is an extrovert, who ace in studying and is musically inclined. They don't have the same hobbies, music taste or like the same type of food but somehow, they manage to get along well. Almost, too well.

"Should I order for you the usual?" Mew asked as they sat down in an empty table.

"Yes but oh, make it le-"

"Less spicy" Mew finished his sentence. "I know" he smiled, "Remind me to get you some medicine for your ulcer after class. I don't get how you're so prone to them"

Gulf nodded in response and sheepishly thanked the man as Mew walked towards the counter. Gulf stared at him in admiration. The truth is, Gulf likes Mew. He has a crush on his best friend since he was 15 but since he didn't want to ruin what they had, he kept it a secret. To Gulf, it wasn't hard to fall for him. How could he not when Mew is the most caring person, he has ever known. He loves the attention and pampering the man gave him and he can't help but fall his charm. Everything about Mew seems perfect to Gulf. Although they weren't the same, but opposite attracts and he wouldn't want him any other way.

As Mew ordered, his eyes followed the man's every move as he took out his wallet to pay for their meals. Once everything is done, a smile crept on his face as their eyes met when Mew turned to walk back to their table. However, the smile quickly fell when someone stopped Mew. A girl with long curly hair had stopped his best friend and they greeted each other.

Gulf can't help but stare at them in displeased. Ploy. It was a well-known fact that she likes Mew. But although it was known to everyone, Mew was still clueless about it. He thought she was just being friendly but in reality, she is romantically interested in him.

Gulf stared at them with a frown on his face as he saw them laughing. Gulf should be used to this as Mew previously had exes but he wasn't. His heart still aches whenever someone flirts with Mew. It is probably because he knew that he couldn't do anything about it. His feelings were meant to be a secret forever as he can't risk losing Mew. Hence, it frustrates him all the time and for once, he wished he had a chance. He wished that Mew could see him as more than a friend.