The Imposter

Summary:

As a forensic pathologist, after declaring murder on an autopsy report he's working on, Gulf's life is suddenly in danger. Can he be saved or will Mew lose him forever?

"Dr Kanawut" An inspector came and greeted him with his palm pressing together.

"Oh, Inspector Suppasit, good afternoon. What are you doing here?" Gulf asked curiously, greeting him back.

"I'm here to pick up the autopsy report of Ploy Chanthara" the elder man responded.

"Oh, I didn't expect you to come pick it up". Usually, one of Mew's subordinate would do the job. This was the first time where the inspector himself, came to pick it up.

"I've been appointed to work closely on this case" Mew explained. After hearing that, Gulf nodded in response, understanding why Mew is here. Ploy was the daughter of a powerful politician. She was a bright, cheerful and charitable woman who was loved by many. The news of her suicide came unexpected and her sudden death had shocked the whole country. Gulf, as a forensic pathologist, was the one in charge of her autopsy.

"The report is in my office, follow me," Gulf said, leading the way. The elder followed him closely from behind.

Just as they entered the office, the formal title was immediately dropped as Mew grabbed Gulf by the waist, hugging him from behind. "Hm, tua aeng, it's hard being all serious and professional in front of you". Gulf and Mew are actually happily married for 2 years now but due to their job, they needed to be professional when they're working in public.

Gulf chuckled, "Why the sudden dropped of formality, inspector?" Gulf said, teasing the elder who is now pouting.

"Nooo," the elder said, hugging him tighter. "No one is here. Don't call me that. It sounds so impersonal" he said, resting his head on his husband's shoulder.

"I'm just kidding, thirak" Gulf turned to kiss Mew on the cheek. "Come on, let's focus on the case". The younger motioned the elder to sit.

Gulf went through his files and slightly frown when he found the report. Mew, who noticed the sudden change in expression, was curious about what's written in the piece of paper.

"What are the findings?" He asked when Gulf passed the report to him.

"I don't think it's a suicide, Phi" Gulf said, making Mew jaw dropped, eyebrow raised. With the younger's revelation, the elder read through the report, scanning every important detail.

"One of the thing that was found at the suicide scene was sleeping pills scattered everywhere, in which we assumed she took before hanging herself but when I did an abdomen autopsy, there were no remnants in her stomach. That wouldn't be possible if she had taken it before her death. Then after thoroughly checking her body, I found a needle mark. It was barely noticeable but it was there. At first, I suspected that she might be taking drugs but when the lab report came out, the drug found in her body definitely pointed out that it's a murder instead of a suicide. We found a high dosage of pancuronium bromide, which causes muscle paralysis. Ploy wouldn't be able to hang herself if the drug was injected in her. Plus, the amount of dosage was lethal enough to kill her, so hanging shouldn't be an option" Gulf explained, saddened with his findings. This wasn't the first time where the autopsy shows murder but it makes him emotional every time.

The elder furrowed his eyebrows listening to the younger's explanation. The findings were very unexpected and he did not expect the case to be a murder case. "Thank you for the report, Gulf. I need to get back to the station now to further investigate the case. I'll see you at home" the elder said, kissing his husband's forehead before leaving Gulf's office.