The School for Good

3RD PERSON POV

Luna emerged from the ground, other girls arising around her. The flower ground had led them to just below the school, and pushed them up through the soil to their new homes for the next few years. Above them, two towers rose into the sky - one good, one evil. More girls emerged around her, all dressed in similar attire; gowns of rose, pink, peach and turquoise, hair flowing down behind them. Their clothes matched my same elegant dress which the staff at Camelot had insisted Luna wear. But someone stuck out. A thorn in a bush of roses - a mysterious girl; her oily black hair cut short just above her shoulders, her pale ghostly skin and bug-like brown eyes made her stick out like a sore thumb in the sea of princesses.

Before Luna could take in the rest of her surroundings, she felt someone - or something - lift her up by the arms. It took her a while to get her bearings and realise her mysterious pilots were in fact fairies. They all rose higher and higher, until the school, which seemed to be made of glass, came into view brilliantly in the sunny sky, under a delicate rainbow that seemed to go on forever.

They dropped all the girls right in front of the school. Mirrored words arched over golden gates read:

THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD ENLIGHTENMENT AND ENCHANTMENT

Seriously? Luna thought. Enlightenment and Enchantment? She wanted to learn how to do real spells; how to capture enemies, learn how to win her fairy tale, (even if the odds were in Good's favour, seeing as they had won for the last 200 years), not sit around learning how to enchant a teacup. But then the creeping thought came over her: what if she was no good at this sort of stuff? It was no secret that two years ago she'd nearly burnt down the whole of Camelot's castle by accident.

Fairies herded the girls into a tight, mirrored corridor. Everyone began to form a circle, and Luna followed suit, not wanting to make a bad impression. Then she realised that they were circling the strange girl she'd spotted when she arrived.

"Hello, I'm Beatrix." One girl said sweetly, emerging from the circle to face her prey. "I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name."

"That's because I never said it." The girl replied, not looking intimidated yet by this princess.

"Are you sure you're in the right place?" Beatrix responded. Where someone evil would have said this with malice, Beatrix sounded even sweeter than before.

"Um...I...um." the girl replied, looking nervous.

"Perhaps you just swam to the wrong school." Beatrix offered.

The girl looked up into Beatrix's eyes. "This is the School for Good, isn't it? The legendary school for beautiful and worthy girls destined to be princesses?"

"Oh," Beatrix said. "So you're not lost?"

"Or confused?" Someone else butted in.

"Or blind?" Another said.

"In that case, i'm sure you have your Flowerground pass." Beatrix continued.

"My what?" The girl replied.

"Your ticket to the Flowerground. That's how we all got here."

All the girls held up their large golden tickets with each girl's name printed delicately on the front. By this point Luna was just getting bored. The girl obviously didn't have one, she was putting hands in her pockets, frantically searching for some evidence of her enrolment in the school.

"What's it got to do with you?" Luna asked Beatrix, who spun around quickly, and smiled her sweetest smile yet.

"And who are you?" she replied, walking up to Luna. The two girl's looks matched (except for their hair colour): they both had sparkling eyes and confident personality. She could tell Beatrix and her weren't going to be friends; she was intimidated, and that's the way Luna preferred it to stay.

"Luna." she replied as confidently as she could.

"Well, Luna, I don't see what it's got to do with you, either." she said, still smiling.

"Call yourself good and you should probably stop patronising a Reader for not having a Flowerground pass." Luna said with an air of satisfaction. Beatrix looked taken aback.

"I'm sorry? She's a...reader?" The rest of the girls looked just as confused.

Luna paused. "Duh. Only readers are that stupid."

Beatrix looked even more taken aback by this response. Was this not how Good girls talked to each other? Luna wondered. She had had absolutely no experience in social aspects of life. One of the few people she'd had more than one conversation with was Tedros; he didn't mind how she spoke, so why did these girls?

"Maybe she's not the only one in the wrong school." Beatrix said, before strutting off to a group of girls. Finally, a floating seven-foot nymph moved aside to reveal a magnificent foyer.

"Welcome, new princesses." It said.

________________________________
Luna lugged her enormous trunk up Purity Tower, all the way to the fifth floor, where she stopped outside a room that read, "WELCOME REENA, MILLICENT, AGATHA, LUNA!" Sharing a room would be a bit different than being at Camelot. But it turned out her room-sharing would only be with one person - the girl who she'd pretty much called a 'Stupid Reader': Agatha.

Millicent had complained that Agatha looked 'too evil' (Beatrix offered her to move in with her, saying that the fairies would understand - and they did), while Reena complained about the height of the tower and demanded that she have a room on the lower floor. So there would only be two people in their room from now on.

"I suppose I don't look evil enough for you to move out then." Agatha asked as Luna unloaded her suitcase on her glass bed. (I know, practical).

She just shrugged in response. "I just don't want to back down to Beatrix after I defended you earlier."

"Thanks for that, by the way." Agatha replied.

Luna just nodded in return, hoping she'd made her first friend here.

After unloading her suitcase, Luna began to make my way to the door, then turned when she heard no one following.

"Aren't you coming?" she asked Agatha.

"Where?" she replied, confused.

Luna smiled."The Welcome Ceremony, of course."