The Coven

LUNA'S POV

As the glow on her finger slowly dimmed, Luna turned back to Chaddick, getting back onto his feet, breathing heavily. "What the hell?"

Luna did nothing but stride past him, aware that Lunch was nearly over, and she hoped Chaddick didn't realise it was her glow that did it.

On her way through the trees, she heard a voice ring out from a higher branch of a tree nearby.

"That was some powerful magic."

Luna turned around, knowing exactly who had spoken. "Wish it was yours, Hester?"

The witch laughed in response. "The only person who could do magic at this school as powerful as that would be me, as a matter of fact. But that would only be average for a witch."

Luna tried to walk away, but Hester spoke again.

"So tell me: what's a sweet little Ever girl got to hide if she's attacking a handsome prince in a forest in broad daylight?" Hester spoke in a mocking tone.

Luna's gaze drifted down as she realised what she'd done to Chaddick. "I didn't mean to."

"Oh, so basically it's out of control too."

"Imagine how Castor would react if he knew an Ever girl had attacked someone." Anadil said, grinning wryly at Hester. "The Doom Room would be back in business, Never or not." she said, leaning forward so she was face to face with Luna.

Although she was outmatched, outnumbered, and outplayed, Luna knew she couldn't back down. But no snappy comebacks that she was so good at were coming to mind. She felt her frustration build as the witches grinned on. Her finger glowed hot but she knew it was what they wanted, so in order to win the game she knew she had to do nothing. So she walked away, forcing a smile of satisfaction, leaving the witches to look on in surprise.

________________________________

A/N: Sorry this is a very short chapter. Hope you are enjoying the story though! :)