Chapter 1: Arrival (Edited)

Ash Millicent

          I sighed as I mindlessly flipped through my schedule. 

          I muttered to myself, "Breakfast...exercise...school...modeling...interview...meeting..."

          I sighed again. Isn't this a little too much for a 14-year-old? Even if I may be some kind of perfect prodigy child... 

          People always said they admired and envied me, I had "the best family ever", "everything I could ever want", "connections with important and famous people", "wealth and fame", "everything". I didn't really care about such things, the only reason anybody ever wanted to get close to me was because of what I had and what I could do for them. Nothing else. 

          Though despite everything I had, I would always feel lacking. I always felt like something was missing but could never figure out what it was. I was only ever able to ponder silently on what it was, to no avail. That is, until today's interview. 

          It went normal like any other interview I had but then they asked me, "Are you okay with answering some personal questions for your fans?"

          Even though some interviews had previously requested this of me, I agreed mindlessly since there wasn't much to hide but I also knew it would be very underwhelming as my answers usually were since I didn't have a very particularly interesting personal life. 

          "Do you mind sharing some of your hobbies, favorite foods, things you like, what you dream of doing, things like that?"

          "..."

          For some strange reason, I thought more deeply about that question than I would've previously. 

          Hobbies? Favorite foods? Things I like? What do I dream of doing? I didn't have any of those now that I thought about it. I felt indifferent to anything and everything I had done or experienced. It all seemed meaningless to me. 

          "...Ms.Millicent?"

          "Ah- Yes, I..." I paused and shook my head, "I don't think I seem to have any of those" 

          I could see the disappointment in their eyes as they dismissed it. 

          I went on with the interview normally but I seemed to have been unfocused for the rest of it. I continued with my day wondering:

          ...Why don't I have any of those things? All I have are the talents I never asked for, never wanted. 

          Elizabeth's going to be furious about this one.

          The sudden image of her raised palm flashed through my mind, her yells echoed through my head.

          I blinked my eyes, shaking myself from my thoughts.

          Would she be more leanient on me if I found a hobby? 

          I sat there thinking for while. As I rested me chin on my hand, I found myself tapping anxiously. 

          Tap Tap Tap

          "?"

          Fidgeting? That's unlike me. 

          "Sit still!!" CRACK! "A proper lady should never fidget! You understand me!?" SNAP!

          I shook myself from my thoughts once again, this time standing up, deciding a walk would distract me from myself.