Chapter 2: Unfamiliar World (Edited)

(A/N: The chapter cover picture is of Duchess Valencia)

Ash Valencia's POV

          As the blinding blue light faded away, I slowly blinked my eyes in confusion, taking in my surroundings. 

          What was that? I was drugged...no, I didn't die. Where am I? 

          I open my mouth to talk but the only thing that comes out is, "Agh! oog bahh woo" 

          Agh...oog...bahh..woo...? I can't talk...? Is this some kind of sick prank someone has played on me? ...Doesn't seem like it... Alright, I just need to assess the situation, figure out my whereabouts, then I'll figure out what to do.

          I do my best to glance around to see where I was and what was happening. 

          I'm in some kind of a princess-style bed, there's a warm blanket wrapped around me, this unfamiliar woman is looking at me very...affectionately...and she appears to have very...limited clothing on. The room I'm in and the way everyone here is dressed is very...outdated one could say.

          High chance I've been drugged. A hidden camera? No, this is a serious crime. What kind of creep kidnaps a person into a room like this?

          The woman staring at me had a very other-worldly appearance. Long deep red hair draping all the way down to the middle of her arms. Her strange blue eyes seem to sweep over me in one glance. Her exotic appearance was breathtakingly beautiful. 

          It looked like something from the Victorian or archaic eras. 

          Everyone here is female and they all appear to be wearing maid's outfits except for the lady holding me. 

          "Congratulations my lady! She's a very healthy baby girl!" 

          Baby girl? 

          I scan the room again looking for the said "baby girl". 

          No sign of any babies here. The lady wearing a maid outfit looked at me when she said that...wait.

          "Ah...my sweet little angel.", The woman holding me sighs happily, "Your name will be...Ash. The first-ever sound you made in this world sounded something like that. Are you happy with your name my sweet baby?", she rocked me slowly from side to side.
(A/N: You'd name a baby after the first sound they made? What? Nevermind lol. I was the one who wrote this anyway. Just don't question it)

          The woman holding me smiles and kisses me on the forehead. As I had always hated physical contact, my initial reaction was to shove her away but I just felt my limbs flailing around. Then I notice that my arm and fingers are very stubby and short... all the signs point toward it. I sighed.

          ...I am that baby. 

          There's no other explanation for it. I sighed again, it was something I was actually capable of doing in this under-developed newborn body. As I did so, I felt my lungs expanding. It was a very unique feeling.

          "Teresa? Is there something wrong with my baby? I think she just breathed a little heavily. I thought you said she was healthy?", The woman panicked a little as she looked toward the lady called Teresa. 

          Honestly, I think if I were in her place, I would've panicked too. It's definitely not normal for a newborn baby to be sighing. 

          "The baby is perfectly healthy, my lady, she may just have a little trouble breathing since she's just been born. Her lungs must be opening properly, it's a good sign", the woman named Teresa assured the woman.