Chapter 4: Permission (Edited)

Setting: Council Meeting room

Professor Luis

          The meeting went on, as usual, addressing problems within the empire, building relations with other countries and empires, taking note of suspicious movements of enemies, trading, providing loans to noble families, donating, and other matters. 

          I found myself fidgeting and impatient to tell the council about the young miss of the Valencia Duchy. I distracted myself by looking at the mosaics and decorations around the meeting room. The clear, white, and gold-colored paints contrasted nicely with the rainbow mosaics and paintings. The room was lighted by rays of sunlight shining through the clear mosaic windows. It had a divine look, truly fitting for a place such as this. 

          As the meeting finally came to an end and the members of the council were talking amongst themselves, I stood up. The chatting slowly died down as I laid down the homework sheets that the young miss had completed. 

          I spread them across the huge table made of clear crystal and asked, "What do you all think this is?"

          "Im assuming it's more than what it seems since it was important enough for you to have prepared for us," the head council member chuckled. 

          I smiled, "You're right, Elder Lurace. This is evidence of something impossible.", I felt my grin get wider. 

          "Impossible? I understand that division is hard to understand for some people but what makes these sheets of homework impossible?", Marquis Miel asked, visibly confused. The others nodded, all questioning the meaning of the sheets of paper in front of them. 

          "I'll tell you what this is. You may not believe me as it was impossible until today.", I explained. "This...this is the work of a 2-year-old child from the Valencia *Duchy." 

          "..."

          "What!?" the council erupted. Council members immediately started talking to those near them. 

          "Hahaha! You've got a real interesting sense of humor, Count! You're not playing a prank on us, right? Because if you are, you got us really good Count Luis", Count Marbelios laughed out loud. 

          "Im not joking. The child did these exact questions right in front of me. I was blown away too, just like you guys are", I responded calmly. 

          I expected such a reaction.

          "As I said, It's impossible, right? You won't believe it until you see it with your own eyes!" 

          "So...you want to bring the child here and show us? Im not against it in any way but...are...are you sure the child is only 2 years old?" Elder Ronja frowned. 

          "Positive. You do remember the news of another child being born in the Valencia house 2 years ago yes? That's her", I reminded them of the big announcement the Valencia Duchy had made 2 years ago about a new child. 

          "I do remember that...Lurace...what do you say? Let's give the child a chance to show us her skills hm? I think it'll be quite entertaining for us", High Priest Sora smiled with an excited tone. 

          "...hm...I guess there isn't any harm in doing so but Count Luis if this appears to be a waste of our time, consider yourself banned from the next 2 meetings", Elder Lurace agreed surely yet strictly. 

          "I won't let you down Elder Lurace", I assured him confidently. 

          I exited the palace quickly and headed straight for the Valencia Duchy. It was 3:00 pm when I noticed something on my way to their mansion. It looked like preparations for a festival.