Chapter 8: Panic (Edited)

(Happy 1k! Enjoy this chapter!)

Ronan Aura's POV

          Ever since I snuck out to the fall festival, I haven't been able to focus on anything. Though I had only ever seen her once, she hadn't failed to take my breath away. 

          She's just a little kid. I must be going crazy. But she looked so cute...
(A/N: You're a kid too ;;;)

          I smacked myself in the face for the 5th time in a row, trying to focus on my studies. The cold autumn air stung my cheeks along with the pain that came with being smacked. 

          Get a hold of yourself! 

          I tried to focus on the book I was reading, a green book about ruling an empire and doing it properly. 

          What's the point of this when Ripley's gonna be the one to rule it? I'm just the second-born son.

          I complained to myself silently when I heard a few servants in the hallway say, "Greetings to his Majesty, the sun of the empire." 

          So he's here.

          I didn't even bother to get up to greet him. 

          He always plays favorites with Ripley and Allen, so why should I? It's not like he'll care anyway. 

          That is until he came into sight, walking towards me when I noticed the person he was holding in his arms. 

          I jumped up, the book falling out of my lap. 

          Is that? That's her! What is she doing here!? Why is father holding her? 

          "A-ah!", I accidentally spoke out, my gaze shook a bit after realizing what I'd done.

          Father stopped in his tracks and turned towards me. "What is it?", He nearly spat out. 

          "N-nothing! Sorry", I quickly apologized. 

          He didn't respond, instead, he seemed to hesitate as if he was contemplating something. Then he set her down and introduced me rather simply.

          "This is my second son, Ronan."

          Without missing a beat, she greeted me politely as she respectfully bowed and curtseyed. 

          "Greetings to his highness, the second star of the empire, it is an honor to meet you." 

          Her small fingers held lightly onto the fluffy white dress she wore. They were tinted red against soft pale white skin. Probably due to the cold air. Cute.

          I tried my best to respond normally despite my flustered state, "Y-yes, it's a pleasure to see-i mean-meet you miss..." 

          "Valencia. My name is Ash Valencia."

          She immediately answered, her head still bowed. 

          "Y-you don't have to bow!", I reached out to raise her head then stopped myself, it would be bad manners to touch a lady while she's bowing.

          Idiot! She's gonna think you're weird now! 

          I resisted the urge the slap myself in the face once again.

          "Get to know each other, she might be your sister-in-law soon.", Father said casually as he reached down to pick her up again. 

          Wait. Sister-in-law? Is he going to have her marry one of my brothers? No! Wait! Already? Do I even get a chance?