Chapter 10: Not A Big Deal

Don't forget to vote and bookmark guys :) consider giving me a follow if you want bonus updates

Ash Valencia's POV

          I don't have a mana core just yet so this is...divine power? No other explanation I guess. Yay, I've always wanted to be a glowstick. But more importantly...I just blew up a tenth of the guest palace... 

          How should I fix this? Beg for forgiveness? Payback in money that I don't have yet? Dammit. I can't rebuild it myself either. I'll just plead for forgiveness and then make money to pay it back. 

          I sighed at my lack of restraint. 

          I need to find the tyrant and Professor Luis. 

          I looked around at the rubble but didn't see anybody, then a horrible pounding ache where my breastbone was caused me to fall onto my knees, clutching my chest.  

           I heaved and gasped, gagging at the sudden stabbing pain in my chest. 

          "Kggh!", I grit my teeth, preventing myself from crying out even if I was in pain. Doing so would just show I was affected by the pain. 

          Agh...side effects of using my divine power? Ugh...my head...not again...

Ronja Calliope's POV

          Sora sighed wistfully as he closed the infirmary door.

          "I can't guarantee her safety at the moment. The priests and I have done everything we can to help her. Now, all we can do is hope she can overcome what she will face."

          "What do you mean 'what she will face?" Valorie's voice was clearly trembling, even her face was as white as a sheet of premium paper. 

          "Will she be okay? What's going to happen to her?", Valorie's eldest child, Elijah, his voice filled to the brim with worry and anxiety for his little sister. 

          "..."

          Sora looked at Lurace and me for permission to tell them. We both nodded, and Sora looked back at Valorie nervously. 

          He opened his mouth to speak, hesitated, then caved in, "I can't do it! You old people do it! Why am I always the one to break the bad news?"

          My right eye twitched at the word 'old'.

          "Only if you stop calling me 'old' or 'witch', you old eyesore," I scowled at him.

          "Stop it, the two of you. This is a serious matter, there is no time for jokes right now," Lurace chastised us, clearly irritated. 

          "Right," I sighed and went on.

          "Anyhow. What you are about to hear isn't highly confidential but it hasn't been explained completely to the public since there haven't been many cases of people with such a large amount of divine power."

          Valorie and her kids all nodded seriously. 

          I went on, "People with any amount of divine power go through a phase right after they activate it for the first time, whether accidentally or on purpose. This phase is very brutal. Though most people survive it, it can cause lasting trauma and shock-"

          "Wait, wait, wait.", the red-haired boy interrupted me, "Survive? Are you saying there's a chance she could die?", he looked at me, eyes filled with fury towards who-knows-what.