17

warning
mentions suicide

Hyejin POV

"Why did you want to talk with me?" I asked as I sat down in front of Jieun and Hana in the office.

"We didn't want to tell you about it earlier because we thought it's a wrong timing but we can't be hiding this forever" Hana said and she looked at the leader.

"It's about Minah.." she started very quietly. "Oh, wait did you find her?" I said with a small excitement but as I noticed their expressions I realized it's something not good.

"Hyejinie, we know that Minah is really important to you so you're the first person we wanted to talk to" Hana said as she grabbed my hand. "Wait, what's going on?" I asked clearly not knowing what's going on.

"Minah killed herself.. police found her body today. She hung herself in her old family home, we think that she might have done it because she was raped by a Treasure member" Jieun carefully explained as I just stared at a wall, I couldn't believe what I just heard. Minah was a member that had the strongest mentality and she was the 2nd leader.

"Minah, wouldn't kill herself like that" I said almost whispering. Jieun suddenly gave me a an envelope and patted my shoulder.

"She wrote a letter to you..."Hana explained and I immediately opened the envelope.

"Dear Hyejinie,

If you're reading this, I'm probably not there with you anymore. I turned out to be a lot more weaker than I thought.

I was raped by one of the Treasure members, but I will not tell you who because I know you will do something you'll regret later on. We both ended up in the same situation.. Trying to end the pain. It sounds selfish cause I saved you from the same thing, and in the end I've done it myself.

I should've gone to you and the members after I somehow escaped, cause I know I would get help. At that point I didn't know other members were alive.

Our Maknae please remember that you're stronger than you think, and you can get through everything, you just need time.

I'll be giving my position to you..I think it's unfair for Hana since she's next in the line but she always told me that if anything happens I should give the position to you. You're our ACE and you deserve it, you know what you're doing and all of the members agree with that.

So don't worry and just help Jieun with managing these kids. Don't miss me too much :)

I love you
Your Daisy Mom <3
Huang Minah"

I was crying a lot, cause I wasn't there to stop her, I wasn't there to help her get through this after she done it to me. I had to go to dream headquarters, Hyemi also joined me. Since beside dream members no one knows about other members being alive we had to keep it a secret which meant we will still be at NCT's headquarters.

I quietly greeted the boys and went upstairs to my room. I locked the door and slid on to the floor. All I was thinking about was Minah. We knew each other before Daisies because her parents knew mine.

Donghyuck POV

"Where's Hyejin?" I asked the boys as I came back from Taeyong's office. "She locked herself in a room, she's been like that for few hours" Hyemi explained as she sat on the couch next to the others. "It's been already few hours" Renjun added as he gave me his worried look.

I nodded and went upstairs, I looked at her door for few seconds before knocking on it. "Babe?" I asked as I knocked on the door again. "Can you please unlock the door?" Silence. I was getting worried about her not replying at all. "If you won't open the door I'll get the spare key" I said a little bit firmly yet still no reply.

I went downstairs to take the spare key and soon I was again in front of her door. I took a deep breath and unlocked the door. I walked in and saw Hyejin sitting in front of her bed curled up. She looked up at me with her red swollen eyes. I sighed in relief seeing her physically ok.

"Baby..." I said with a very soft voice and sat in front of her. "Do you need a hug?" I asked her and she only nodded with a little pout. "Come here" I opened my arms and she quickly wrapped her hands around me and I wrapped mine around her.

I didn't know what happend but I'll wait for her to tell me when she's ready.

After a while she fell asleep in my arms so I put her on the bed and placed myself next to her to make sure she won't have a nightmare.

<time skip>
I woke up and saw Hyejin sitting on the bed. "You're awake? Did you had another nightmare?" I asked her and also sat up. "No, I didn't. I just feel horrible" the girl said as she looked at me with her eyes full of pain. "Why is that?" I rubbed her back to comfort her and she turned herself to me so she's sitting right in front of me.

"Minah, my 2nd leader killed herself... She got into the same situation as me, but the worst part of this is that when I was on the edge she was the one to help me I couldn't do anything.. I-" She started crying again and I hugged her.

"Baby, I'm sure she wouldn't want you to blame yourself and be sad" I tried to comfort her as much as I could. It always breaks my heart when she's in so much pain and I wish I could do something to just change everything.

She pulled away and quickly wiped her tears. "You're right, it's Minah. If she could she would beat me up. I'll take her position and try my best to be like her... a great leader and an amazing girl that loves puppies" as she was talking about Minah, she had a bright smile on her face.

She told me how they both met, and how they became so close and also about joining Daisies. Her smile always made me smile too, just looking at her was calming.

I might be a bad guy, but I'll make sure to protect this girl my whole life...

~~~