Stranger ₪ Twelve

Marlon

"Who was that little fast ass girl I saw hanging around outside ?" my mother asked

I smiled "Just a friend Ma ."

"Mhmm, she ain't look like just a friend by the way you was kissing on her . What happen to that crazy ass girl ?" she asked

"Shawn ?"

"Whatever the hell her name is, she take her medicine and realize she was wasting her time coming by here ?"

"I'm not bothered with her anymore ."

"Good, cause you could do better ."

"I wasn't with her, I just don't have time for the aggravation . She be bugging half the time, don't nobody got time for that ."

"Well just don't bring nobody around here that you're not serious about, I want you to wrap it up too . I don't no damn kids around here talking about some Grandma ."

I laughed "Ma you don't have to worry about that I handle mines ."

"While you handling yours, handles these books so you can finish your last semester and get the hell out ."

"First one in the family to attend and soon finish college you know I'm good, I'm already working on that it's just cheaper to stay home ."

"If I don't tell you enough I'm proud of you ."

"I know Ma ."

Those dudes from USC were on the news again, one of the guys wanted to press charges but later retracted . That blow from the rock must have knocked his common sense out because they all must have forgotten that they tried attacking Shawn, none of their statements would be accepted by a judge anyway . The other two guys who got the hardest hits from the rock weren't released from the hospital until 4 weeks later, one of them had to get reconstructive surgery . I don't feel the least bit bad about what I did, but I know it would have weighed heavy on my conscious knowing that I would've killed two people .

It's been almost another month I've gone without Shawn's bullshit, it's been pretty quiet and good now that I don't have to play Dr. Phil to her lies and calls for help I'm done with it . Let some other nigga do it, I'm sure she'll get somebody if she fuck them long enough . Dick riding ass hoe, it wasn't my intentions to act like I didn't know who she was when I saw her working that night I just didn't feel like I had to talk to her . Not talking to each other is the smartest shit that ever came out her mouth, I'm cool with it don't know how she handling it through knowing her she'll be crawling back her separation anxiety is a bitch .

Other than that run in at her job I haven't come face to face with her since, it made me laugh a bit the way she looked at Naomi . I could see she was pissed thinking that she's now replaced, probably wanted to come over afterwards and beg for me to show her the slightest bit of affection, but I'm not Captain Save a Hoe .

Shawn

"Iight Shawn I gave you enough time to consider, there are even two places that I like . New York and Florida, I like New York cause you can benefit from it and I like Florida for the weather ."

I sighed "When do we leave ?"

"We still have time, I need too look at a couple of houses first ."

"Ma it's expensive living in New York and Florida stay having hurricanes ."

"So I can afford it, well what about D.C ?"

"I'd rather go to New York ."

"New York it is, I'm flying out there Friday to check out some spots ."