Chapter 17

When we arrived at the campsite, it was abandoned.

Jay: "Uh, where the heck is everybody?"

Cole: "Ugh, and here I was all ready to release the thunder."

Kai: "The ultimate weapon is gone. We're too late. Nya? Nya!"

Y/n: "I see something."

We stopped at the tracks.

Lloyd: "Whoa. That's one big weapon."

Zane: "It appears to be heading toward the coast."

Lloyd: "But why? Wouldn't he try to use it on us?"

Y/n: "Not on us. On Ninjago. He always wanted to turn our world into his own image. Now we know how it will be done."

Misako: "But if he starts turning things evil, the balance will shift and allow the Overlord to cross over into our world."

Lloyd: "Then we have to make sure that my father never fires that weapon."

Jay: "Um, is anyone else thinking about how this might be our final fight together?"

Kai: "Yeah."

Y/n: "mhm."

Zane: "Of course."

Cole: "It's all I've been thinking about."

Kai: "We've come a long way. It wasn't that long ago when Sensei first found us."

I stared into his eyes. "Yeah. We have, haven't we?"

Cole pulled me aside, said he wanted to tell me something.

Cole: "Y/n, can I tell you something?"

Y/n: "Yeah, why not?"

Cole: "Y/n, if this really is our last day, I want you to know that I... I like you Y/n. A lot."

At that moment, it felt so... nice. Like for the first time, it was just us that mattered at the moment. Two people. Intently looking into each other's eyes.

Cole: "I understand if you don't feel the same I-"

I cut him off right there. I kissed him on the lips.

Y/n: "I like you too, Cole."

Y/n, voiceover: "I wish that I could have held on to that moment longer. The warmth of being with him like that... I miss those days."