Chapter 20

A/n: SEASON 3!!

Jay: "All right, who took my pudding cup? It clearly had my name written on it."

"Cole did." I said walking into the room.

Cole: "Y/n!"

Y/n: "You have pudding smeared on your mouth."

Cole: "...."

Jay: "Hi, Miss Nya. I saved you some pudding."

Nya: "What did we talk about?"

Jay: "Oh, right. Boundaries."

Nya: "Hey, did you guys hear the news?"

Kai: "There's trouble?"

Jay: "Danger?"

Zane: "An emergency?"

Y/n: "We got clearance for a field trip."

Nya: "Not just any field trip. I field trip to Borg Industries!"

Cole: "Oh, a new menace?"

Nya: "No. We got clearance for a field trip."

Jay: "Ah! Not the Borg Industries. As in home to super genius reclusive savant Cyrus Borg? Inventor of the hover car and everything else cool in this world?"

"The one and only." Y/n said.

While the boys took the bus to Borg Industries, I just took a walk in the city and caught up with Nya near what said to be the perfect match machine.

Computer: "Hello, Nya. You are an independent, self-confident young woman who refuses to be in a boys' club. Analyzing match now."

Marla: "It's gonna be Mr. Jay isn't it?"

Y/n: "Sure it is!"

But then... a hologram of Cole appeared...

The students started whispering. "But... Isn't Mr. Cole Miss Y/n's boyfriend?" "But Mr. Jay and Miss Nya are perfect for each other!" "This doesn't look good."

Nya and I looked at each other. Our faces deathly Pale. 

~Timeskiiiiiiiiiip~

Misako: "Come in, but your weapons are not allowed. Ever since Lloyd saved his father, Garmadon sworn an oath to never fight in hope to make up for his evil past. It's an oath he takes very seriously."

Kai: "But we were supposed to protect these with our lives."

Jay: "And never let them out of our sight."

Zane: "You guys go on ahead, I will stay back and watch over them."

(The ninja give him their Techno Blades.)

Cole: "Haha, yeah!"

Kai: "Thanks, Zane."

Jay: "You're awesome."

Cole: "You're the best."

Jay: "See ya."

Garmadon: "Ah, my son. So glad you could join us."

Lloyd: "Hey, it's been a while, Father."

Jay: *Whispering to Cole* "Check out the new Sensei. Looking sharp."

Garmadon: "Silence!"

Y/n, Voiceover: "I was silent the entire trip. How was I supposed to feel? The boy I loved's perfect match was my best friend. I felt empty. But I wasn't dumb. I've read stories before. There will always be difficulties between the love of the characters. There will be love triangles. What if I was just one of the obstacles between Cole and Nya? I didn't like the thought of being a burden. If that was the way things had to be, then I would love him from afar. It hurt me. But I knew the hard truth, that Cole and I would end soon."

Y/n: "Nya, can I talk to you?"

Nya: "If this is about the perfect match-"

Y/n: "I understand. I love Cole. But if that's the way it has to be for him to be happy, then that's what must happen. You're my best friend too. I want you to be happy."

Nya: "Y/n..."

Y/n: "I don't want to be an obstacle. If Cole and I were meant to be, then that's how it will work out in the end."

3rd Person POV:

Cole: "Hey, Nya. How are our kids?"

Nya: "Our kids?"

 (She turns around, blushing.

"Why would we have kids? We're not even married, let alone—"

Cole: "I mean our students, weirdo. Ever since we left the school, I'm worried for them."

Nya: "Oh, Dareth's looking after them. You know, Cole, you don't get the credit you deserve."

Cole: "What do you mean?"

Nya: "I mean, you always put others ahead of yourself. I know the other ninja get all the attention, but I just want you to know, you're a good guy."

She holds his hand.

Jay: *walks in with Kai and Y/n* "Ha, tell me what?"

Nya: "Um..."

Kai: "Ha, oh, hope I didn't interrupt anything, 'cause we're here."

Y/n just hung her head, not making eye contact with anyone.

We arrived at Ed and Edna's Junk Yard. They were very friendly. 

Edna: "Ooh. Robot love. Call me a sucker, but if they have half of what you and Jay have—"

P.I.X.A.L.: "Nya and Jay? Judging from Perfect Match compatibility, perhaps Nya and Cole would be a closer comparison."

Edna: "Nya and Cole are a better match?"

Zane: "Don't you mean Jay? Perhaps her processor was damaged."

P.I.X.A.L: "My processor is fully operational. The Perfect Match for Nya isn't Jay, but Cole."

Jay: "Cole's her perfect match?"

Nya: "Jay..."

Cole: "Ha, it's so quiet in here. What did I miss? Another signature Jay Walker gut buster?"

Jay: "Oh, you backstabbing, no good . . . YAAAHH!!"

While the boys fought, only Kai noticed the heartbroken expression on Y/n's face.

Jay: "Oh, you know why you're the Black Ninja? 'Cause it's the color of your heart!"

Cole: "Oh yeah? Well what's the point in being a Blue Ninja? Unless you're trying to hide out for some goofy clown college!"

Jay: "Ooh! You take that back! Plus, didn't you even think about Y/n? Think about her reaction when she finds out-"

Y/n: "I already knew."

All eyes were on her.

"I was one of the first people to find out. You don't have to hide it from me. Both of you can be together." she said.

Nya: "This macho stuff is making you both look like fools. Maybe you belong together!"

Kai: "What was that?"

Ed: "The machines haven't worked since the outage. What's powering it?"

Kai: "Nindroids! Better question is, what's powering them?"

P.I.X.A.L.: "They're after the Techno Blades."