Missed You

Only a hint of a romance, mostly just something to read.

The reader landing on Midgard with Thor, to retrieve Loki.Based in 2012 Avengers.

Word Count: 747

Missed You

The harsh winds of the indigo night carried over the depressive showers, and while the booming sounds of thunder made the Asgardian grimace, the falling precipitation that accompanied it offered him a soft comfort that came from the innermost part of his heart.

Unwillingly, the gentleness enveloped him, momentarily silencing the madness that festered in his mind, and in that moment a soft smile graced him.

However, the tranquility he felt was disrupted by the sound of an obnoxious boom, the echoing roar bringing him back to his reality,

"What's the matter, scared of a lil' lightning?" Steve spoke, his words holding equal parts of interest and mockery as he gazed down at the captured male, his keen blue eyes having caught the jump that the man executed.

"....I'm not overly fond of what follows," Loki responded while he looked up at the ceiling, knowing that very soon, they'd have a visitor.

He momentarily closed his eyes while a low breath left him, knowing that the unkind rocking of the flying vehicle wasn't entirely due to the heavy weather,

"At any moment..." he started, his voice low and airy as he counted down the seconds.

He could then hear Stark fall, a low grunt leaving him as he was attacked, and by then Loki was expectant of a less than welcoming grasp to fall upon him, until, a voice he found all too precious spoke,

"Where is my prince?" The arriving (h/c) haired woman spoke firmly, standing both tall and proud as her eyes roamed the sight of the vehicle's interior, quickly finding the regal male sitting, restrained and defeated, the very sight knotting her stomach.

As his image graced her, her heart then defrosted, the expression of frigid ice that set her face into seriousness melted, showing her inner musings and relief,

"Loki," She breathed, sounding utterly mystified and entranced.

'Loki... it's really you...' She thought to herself, almost on the verge of tears with the joy she felt.

'You're alive,'

All the while the dark-haired male looked at her with wide-eyed surprise that soon melted, his expression going soft and boyish,

"Darling..." He muttered, cooing out the word lovingly while on his lap his bound hands itched to reach her.

'To think you'd come...' He thought to himself, a small smile gracing him, and during then his eyes twinkled with delight.

However, another loud boom was let loose, and soon after the flying vehicle shook, signaling the arrival of another person, and at that, Loki's eyes snapped to the other Asgardian that landed into the vehicle, his entrance being less graceful, being a complete contrast to the woman that now stood watching.

For a split second, Loki's face morphed into startled fright before the expression was replaced by a harsh grimace as Odinson reached out to him.

Thor had stormed in, slapping a vicious hand onto the younger prince's shoulder, and at that (f/n) snapped out of her daze,

" Thor...Gentler!" She advised in a harsh whisper, giving the larger male a warning he disregarded as he gripped the younger's throat, pulling him back before he used Mjolnir to escape, abruptly leaving without a say.

'Of course, Thor,' She inwardly sulked, quickly worrying over the two males, knowing that Thor was in no shape to act rationally, the pain and anger he felt at his brother's betrayal still festered within him.

'And My god of mischief...' She thought while her heart ached, understanding the thunder god's scorn, because she'd cried heavily over the younger's presumed death, and the range of emotions she'd experienced since she found out the truth were far too many to properly process all at once.

'..I missed you.' she mused while her eyes misted with a light sheet of moisture that blurred her sight, momentarily having forgotten that she was left within what was possibly enemy territory.

Regaining his composure Stark stood before her, his palm facing her as a nearly blinding light illuminated from it,

" I'm going to count to thr-"

Cutting him off she closed her (e/c) eyes, her arms stretched out at her sides as she let the weight of her body pull her back, and by doing so diving into the mercy of the powerful winds.

Within that instant, her body morphed into a soft mist that melted with the precipitation.

' My prince...how I've missed you,' She thought while traveling through the atmosphere, hoping to find Odin's sons so they could safely return home.