A Little Fever

Includes the reader wanting kids
SFW // It's a lot cleaner and more innocent than what it sounds lol.
Mindless reading

word Count: 897

A little fever

"So that's her?" (f/n) asked while awestruck, taking a hold of the phone in Lang's hand to get a perfect, closer look at the little girl's image.

"Yeah that's my little peanut, Cassie," The brunette male said with a proud nod, " she's a real cute kid huh?" He asked with a grin, not really needing to ask, because, in his eyes, his precious child was the brightest shining star in the sky.

" Do you even have to ask?!" (f/n) gushed, a hand pressed against her cheek as she looked on, desperately itching for a chance to one day pinch the little girl's cheek and exclaim just how adorable she was,

'I could just eat her up!' She inwardly squealed.

"-And I bet she's real proud of her daddy being a hero and all right?" she said while smiling.

"Oh, you have no idea," Scott started, shaking his head with a bashful, little grin being worn.

His little girl was ecstatic and always so eager to hear anything and everything about her own dad hanging out with people like THE Avengers.

"Hey, You know...You should bring her by." (f/n) suggested nonchalantly, putting out the suggestion in a manner that seemed demure, and at that, Scott stared at her wide-eyed,

"You - you really think I should? You don't think Stark will mind?" he asked, already standing up from his seat as though with one word, he'd make a mad dash home and return back with the little girl in hand.

"Hey, hey, hey, it's not just Stark's tower, it's The Avengers facility, and you're talking to an official member here!" she said proudly, puffing out her chest and jabbing her thumb straight to it.

From across the room, Tony raised an eyebrow as he overheard the conversation.

Gently, he placed his warm coffee mug down and took a large exhale through his nostrils like an angry bull before it charged,

" The disrespect ! " he cried out. "I paid for everything here you can't te-" drowning him out (f/n) turned back to Scott,

"Anyways I'd love to meet her." she said while beaming, "You should bring her over!" she repeated, louder for the still rambling Stark male to hear.

Scott quickly pulled her close, tightly pressing her to his chest, displaying a very wide, joyous grin all the while,

"You really are the best, No! You're the most amazing, coolest person ever !" he rambled, and as he did she squirmed,

"Scott!" she said while muffled by his crushing hold, though, still managing to laugh at his antics.

After letting her go, he repeatedly apologized, something that made her giggle even more.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Loki bit his upper lip as he watched the female wave the other man off, the happy lift to her face concerning him.

'Just what does she see in him?' he wondered with the same worry, wanting to know just how he could make her beam so much.

"Metal man," He started, his eyes never leaving the pair, narrowing furthermore as Scott had somehow managed to get (f/n) to walk alongside him to the car rather than walk back inside.

"Tell me more about that man," He said lowly, his eyes trained on the two as they walked, all while chatting and smiling.

"Iron man." Stark corrected him. "Anyways... you were saying?" He added, lazily lifting his eyes to the other man as he stood by the window with a pensive look.

"What is (f/n)'s relationship with that man?" the god asked with concern, one Tony rolled his eyes at.

"She's not into him, if that's what you're wondering," He told the other man, the statement giving the prince a soft ease.

"So, no need to be jealous," Stark added with a little smirk, the teasing talk causing the long-hired man to sigh lowly.

"I'm not jealous," The tall male spoke lowly, his eyes averted to try and avoid the smug look he was being shot.

"Sure," Tony sang, "But, just in case you were wondering, she doesn't like Lang. She's just got a bit of baby fever," Tony said simply, making Loki stare at him with confusion.

"Meaning?"

"Meaning, she wants a baby. She just itching for one, and anything that even reminds her of one gets her all doped up and giddy." the wealthy man spoke, well aware of just what had the woman so anxious to see the little girl.

"Every now and then she gets hit by it," He informed the long-haired male, "And when she does she'll go out of her way to be around the little ones," Stark added.

"I'm sure she'll get over it soon, so you can have her all to yourself again," He said with a little shrug, not noticing the way the other man's face brightened.

"...(f/n) wants a child," Loki murmured while rubbing his chin, the very idea pleasing him because if he were being completely honest, it wasn't too off-putting to imagine her as a mother.

'she's made a loving mother.' He thought to himself, 'A perfect one,' He then added, because while it hadn't been something he'd considered before, it was a thought that now pleased him.

And what was much more,

'If she wants one, then who better to give her one?' he thought to himself with a sly smirk, willing to give her just what she wanted.