To Be Touched

Summary: She was engulfed in heavy flames, covering every fiber of her being, dancing over her body like a second skin in feverish movements until She finally melded with the hellish flames and became a single existence. A single, destructive existence, both Cursed, and treacherous.

'I really am a monster,' she thought feeling her heart grow even heavier.

Thoughts are italics in quotations = 'Example'

Flashbacks are in italics = Example

Wordcount: 3265

MCU doesn't have mutants, instead, calling them enhanced beings. The reader is an 'enhanced being', one that is in constant fear of her own self and what she could do. During a mission, she slips up and her panic rises. 

To Be Touched 

"Don't lock me away," she whimpered hoarsely.

"Please don't lock me away again..." She begged, before falling to her knees.

Laying her palms down flat onto the singed grass, she hung her head with an overbearing amount of mortification gnawing at her insides, tearing at the walls from within until they bled raw.

She shed heavy tears of contrition in regards to her screw up, and the inevitable outcome she knew would be in wait for her sooner or later, because good things never lasted.

At least, not for her.

"Please don't ...I tried my best!" She hiccupped out in anguish, digging her fingers into the smoking ashes and earthy soil, trying her best to hold her voice from quaking, but she failed, and it seemed that as though in just every aspect in life that's all she did.

In her agitated state, the dancing flames covering her body grew, hastily crawling up her neck and running over her wetted cheeks, and as they collided with her falling tears, they made small simmering noises, turning the two salty rivers into vanishing vapor instead.

Her woeful eyes began to be consumed by pitch black, invading the white place of her sclera and even erasing the existence of the (e/c) color once characterizing her, leaving no traces of their usual magnificent color to be reminded of their former essence.

And as they fell before everyone's sight they gleamed like two polished obsidian stones, reflecting the world before her like clear mirrors.

She was engulfed in heavy flames, covering every fiber of her being, dancing over her body like a second skin in feverish movements until she finally melded with the hellish flames and became a single existence.

A single, destructive existence, both Cursed, and treacherous.

'I really am a monster,' she thought feeling her heart grow even heavier.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Such foolish mortals," Loki said tisking, shaking his head in amusement at the sight of grief-stricken faces and priceless worry alike. His emerald eyes then trailed over to the humanoid shape of amber flames, seeing that with every step it took, it left a trail of burning ground, leaving traces of its existence behind.

"Not even she is safe," he murmured, a grin set over his features, one that began to melt and slowly die out. and although he tried to keep it showing, it wouldn't remain there.

At his sides, his hands fisted as he bit his lower lip in frustration.

He was letting himself slip, unable to keep the same façade as always.