Prologue

"Eri, look! I can see daylight! We'll be able to escape after all!"

The lady tripped on her steps, she was desperate to help the small child that she carried in her arms out of the Yakuza's grasp. Once she knows that the child is safe, she's gonna end herself. "Keep running. You won't get away from me that easily." The man chasing after them said.

The lady reached the end of the alleyway and bumped into the first person she meets outside of the Yakuza base. She stumbled backward and fell on her back. "Oh, you took quite a tumble there. Are you okay?" A boy with green hair held his hand out to help the lady up. The lady flinched and held the little girl close to her, in a protective manner. "You two really shouldn't be running off like that." The lady trembled, the man who chased her in the alleyway had caught up...

But this was all 13 years in the future...

Let's rewind 13 years in the past, shall we?

A small frail girl sat in the corner of an old abandoned building, she ran away from the orphanage she used to live in due to the sufferings she's been through there, during that time the girl didn't have a normal name, she was identified as "Test Subject 4901" She lived in the orphanage ever since she could remember, lacking much knowledge about the outside world, writing, and proper communication she still decided to run. She didn't want to grow up in a place where her quirk gets experimented on until someone finally decides to adopt her...

It was her fifth day in the building, her stomach grumbled in hunger, she hasn't taken a bath in forever. She started to think about going back, but then she would get punished for running away. Tears flowed down from under her overgrown bangs as she looked at her surroundings for something to eat. "This is so cool! Isn't it, Kanda?"    "I'm telling you, Akio. My mom is gonna kill you once she finds out that you came out here just for a challenge that your classmate gave you." The orphan flinched once she heard voices of two little boys, they sounded older than her, she scurried along in an attempt to run from them, but tripped over her own feet. "Oh, hey, are you okay?" The little girl felt herself getting lifted from the ground, she looked up and saw a boy with light blue hair, only two years older than her. "Kanda, look. I found a little girl!" The boy said, the boy introduced himself as Akio, and his companion introduced himself as Kanda. "What's your name?" Kanda asked, before 4901 could answer her stomach growled painfully. "Oh, you're hungry?" Akio reached into his sling bag and took out a small pink lunch box. "Hey, what are you doing? Isn't that your lunch for the week?" Kanda asked his cousin, Akio smiled and his food to the orphan girl. "I can always eat next week, right?"

The girl shyly took the lunch box and ate the food little by little. "4901." She mumbled. "Eh? What?" Akio asked. "Name... 4901." Kanda and Akio started whispering to each other while 4901 was busy finishing the food that was given to her. "Kanda says that he wants to take you home so his mom could care for you!" Akio declared. "C-care...?" The little girl questioned, the two boys looked at her sympathetically, but they took her home anyway...

"Welcome home, Kanda!" A lady's voice echoed through the hallway of Kanda's house. "We're home, aunt Nori!" Akio exclaimed. "Oh, welcome back, Akio." Kanda's mother didn't seem to like Akio. "Hey, mom. Could we adopt-" Kanda was cut off when his mother threw a knife at the little girl's direction. "What's that homeless freak doing in MY house?!" She yelled. "AKIO, THIS WAS YOUR IDEA WASN'T IT?! TO BRING A HOMELESS FREAK TO MY HOUSE?! YOU'RE A DISGRACE! AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE! YOUR MOTHER WOULD BE TURNING IN HER GRAVE IF SHE FINDS OUT THAT HER DISGRACE OF A SON BROUGHT HOME A HOMELESS CHILD!" Kanda's mom scolded Akio, even though it wasn't his idea to take her home. "Mom, it wasn't Akio's idea! It was mine!" Kanda protested...

The little girl ran out of the house, she didn't feel welcome there anyway. It was already dark, and the sky was pouring with rain. The small girl sniffled, she hugged her arms in attempt to warm up. "Sister!" Someone called out, the little girl turned around and saw Akio and Kanda running towards her with an umbrella and a small rain coat in their hands. "Sister...?" She mumbled questioningly, once Kanda and Akio caught up with her they gave her the rain coat and shielded her with the umbrella. "Sorry about my mom. She doesn't like homeless people, or orphans. " Kanda said, she nodded and smiled. "Thank... You..." She muttered. "Also, from now on, we'll call you Shiromi Hanako!" Akio said, the three children walked into a small park and decided to spend the night there...

_____________

A tall figure towered over Shiromi, she felt it's eyes on her that she woke up. She looked up and saw an old man staring at her and the two boys behind her. She hesitantly shook Akio and Kanda awake, she didn't know what the old man wanted. "Huh, oh, hey, may we help you?" Akio asked the old man. "Do you have anywhere to stay?" The old man asked. "Akio and I ran away from our house, cause my mother didn't treat us fairly. And I guess Shiromi didn't have a home from the start." Kanda answered. "If you don't have a place to stay then you can come with me." Akio seemed to trust the old man, Kanda didn't trust him as much, and Shiromi didn't know what to think about the situation, plus, nobody seemed to be looking for Kanda and Akio anyway...

So, they went with him anyway...

(A/N)
Kanda and Akio belong to MisTRustEDiac