Chapter 5 (Secret)

Shiromi stood in fear while watching Eri get tortured by the two men she was surrounded with growing up, the frightening screams of the young girl deafened her. She couldn't do anything for she was frozen from fear...

"P-please... Stop this..."

Shiromi muttered, Kai and Kurono looked up from Eri's body and glared at Shiromi. "You're no one to tell us what to do." Shiromi looked at Eri, who was trembling with pain on the chair she was strapped on. "This isn't right." Shiromi stepped forward only to be blocked by Kurono. "May I remind you, Shiro. That this is to cleanse the world from its sickness." Chisaki pulled off his used rubber gloves and threw them into a bin, he motioned Shiromi to come forward, and she did as she was asked...

"Now, heal her."

Shiromi's eyes widened. "What?"    "Heal her." Shiromi gulped and kneeled next to an unconscious Eri. She placed her hands over her wounds to heal Eri, soon the pain kicked in. The pain was so bad that Shiromi had to bite her tongue to the point where it bled to stop herself from shrieking in pain. When Eri's wounds were healed up Hari was commanded to take Shiromi and Eri back to the room they stay in...

Eri spent the night crying in her sleep, she didn't want Shiromi to comfort her at the moment. Shiromi felt bad for Eri, Eri was abandoned by her mother after they discovered her quirk. Shiro got up and left Eri's room to have a walk to clear her mind, she made sure that she wasn't to be caught or else she would be punished. "Poor girl, I bet that she just wants a normal childhood. She doesn't even know how to smile-" 

Shiromi's thoughts were interrupted when she bumped into someone. "Kai?" She looked up with frightened eyes. "You know you shouldn't be out here at this time of night." Chisaki said, Shiromi waited for Chisaki to drag her somewhere and lash her back with a whip. "Come." He commanded, Shiromi obeyed and followed Kai to the next room. "I wanna show you something." Shiromi started shaking, she didn't want to know what was about to happen to her, she just wanted it to be over.

Kai opened a metal door and lead her inside, to Shiromi's horror she saw Pops lying on a hospital bed with several wires attached to him. "Pops!" Shiromi cried, she ran next to the hospital bed. "How could something like this happen to you." She sobbed. "I've put him under a coma. He's been in the way of my mission of cleansing the world."

"He trusted you, Kai." Chisaki walked closer to Shiromi and held her shoulder with a gloved hand, he leaned near her ear and whispered. "If you think about doing anything that has to do with stopping me from cleansing the world, you'll end up having the same fate as Pops did. Do you understand?" Shiromi nodded hesitantly. "Good, now, let's go."    "Kai," Chisaki stopped walking as soon as he heard his name from Shiromi. "Kai, he didn't want you to end up like this." Kai's head slowly turned to Shiromi. "Repeat that."   "He didn't want you to end up like this, Kai. He didn't want you or Hari to get involved with illegal drugs, he didn't want you to get involved with child abuse, he didn't want you to get involved with villains! And what if you lose everything you've worked hard for, huh? What then- AGH!" Shiro fell to the ground after receiving a slap to the face from Kai, she placed a hand over her aching face. "He didn't want this, Kai." She muttered...

Shiromi kept her tears from falling from her eyes, she didn't want to see Pops in a coma, yet, she didn't want to leave his side. "Don't tell anyone you saw this, or else." Shiromi nodded her head and followed Kai to the door. "I'm sorry, Pops." She said in her mind, Shiromi was lost in thought that she had suddenly lost Kai in the base. "Hey, Shiro." She heard someone say, it wasn't Kai's voice, nor was it Kurono's... It was Akio. "Hey, Akio." Shiromi smiled. "What are you doing out so late?" Shiromi wanted to tell Akio about Pops, but instead she said in a small voice. "The little girl that Kai was experimenting on she needs our help! You have a map of all the secret routes around the base right?" Shiromi knew that she could trust Akio, the man nodded and handed a map to her. "Don't tell anyone, lil sis." He placed a finger over his lips. "I promise." Shiromi smiled and shoved the folded map into her cardigan's inside pocket...