Chapter 3 (The Hair Clip)

During the weekend Okawa had taken the day off, so she decided to take Shiromi for a day out to the mall, cause why not? Anyway, Okawa liked styling Shiromi's long white hair so they started at a hair accessory shop. "Shiro," Shiromi looked at Okawa with a questioning look. "Okawa?" Shiromi answered. "What would you like?" Shiromi didn't really want anything, after thinking for a moment she remembered how Hari said that he liked her eyes so she disappeared through one of the aisle and came back with a small hair pin with a sakura blossom on it. "I would like this!" She chimed happily, Okawa looked at the small hair pin and smiled. "Such a beautiful hair pin, for a beautiful girl."

"Do you know what that's used for?" Okawa asked, Shiromi nodded her head. "It's to clip up the hair that gets into the way of your face!" She said, Okawa smiled. She crouched down and ruffled Shiromi's hair. "Would you like another red ribbon to go with that?" Once again, Shiromi nodded. Okawa picked out a pretty red ribbon to tie Shiromi's hair, Okawa took the two items, payed for them, and took Shiromi to a cafe...

"So, why'd you suddenly decide to clip up your bangs?" Shiromi blushed, she didn't want to tell her caretaker the real reason, so she simply said. "I get distracted by it during class." Okawa knew that this wasn't the case, but she didn't bother asking, she didn't want to force Shiromi into saying something that she wasn't comfortable about. "Okawa," Okawa looked up from her ramen. "Yeah?" The 23 year old lady responded. "We're... We're f-friends, right?"     "Of course, we are. What makes you ask?" Shiro scratched the left side of her face as she took a deep breath. "People at school think that you're just being my friend because Pops asked you to," Shiromi took another deep breath before continuing. "That isn't true, right? You're friends with me at your own will, am I correct?" Okawa felt bad for Shiromi, the bullying she goes through everytime she goes to school, and the fact that she grew up in a orphanage that experiments on children's quirks made Okawa pity the timid girl that she took care of.

"Shiro, don't listen to what other people think about you, they're just jealous cause they can't have a good caretaker, or because they can't live in a big mansion... Or because they can't be like you," Okawa's words made Shiromi smile. "Thank you, Okawa..."

"You're welcome, Shiromi."

________________

Shiromi and Okawa soon got home. "Oh, Shiromi, Okawa. How was your day?" Pops asked. "It was wonderful, thank you, sir." Pops smiled, he then spotted Shiromi with the hair clip holding up part of her bangs. "What's that you have, Shiro?" He asked. "Pops, Okawa bought me a hair clip to clip my bangs! Isn't it cute?" Shiromi beamed, Pops smiled and nodded. "Did you thank her for it?" He asked. "Yeah! I did!" Shiromi said, Pops was pretty proud of how Shiromi's attitude turned out to be, she was different from the daughter that he used to have, the daughter that ran away from him years ago (bruh, idfk what went on about Eri's mom. All I know is that she was probably Pop's daughter, and that she willingly abandoned Eri.)

"You really like sakura blossoms, huh?" Akio asked, Shiromi nodded. "That's pretty cool, Shiro." Kanda said, Shiromi's confidence was boosted. "Yeah, it suits you. Doesn't it, Kai?" Kurono asked as he turned to Kai. "Hn, I guess it's okay." Kai replied. "Come on, be nice for once will ya?" Akio nudged Kai. "I was, you just didn't see it."

___________