Chapter 2 (The Man)

Shiromi had stayed at Pop's house ever since she was four (she's 12 in this chapter). Pop's taught her how to talk and communicate properly, as well as writing and reading. Pops was the only person who knows about Shiromi's quirk and it's drawbacks. Shiromi's quirk is healing, she can heal anyone just by touching the injured part with her bare hands, but unfortunately she can't heal herself, and if she heals someone the pain of the wound will be 5x more painful than how it's supposed to be...

Anyway

Shiromi became good friends with Kurono, Akio, and Kanda. She tries her hardest to get close with Kai but fails to do so. One day, Shiromi and Hari both sat under the Sakura tree, the one where he first met Shiromi. Hari held a book in his hand while Shiromi sketched the fallen Sakura blossom that laid in her palm. "Hey, Shiromi." 14 year old Hari said, Shiromi stopped sketching and diverted her attention to Hari. "Yes?" Hari closed his book and laid it down next to him. "Why do you cover your eyes?" He asked, Shiromi was silent for a moment. She held three strands of her bangs and plucks them off. "I don't like the way my eyes look, it's scary." She mumbled, Hari felt even more curious about her eyes. "Also, Hari. Why do you always wear a hood? I never see your hair." Hari chuckled and crawled his way to Shiromi. "How bout I show you my hair, and in return you show me your eyes." Hari pointed at his hood and smiled. "Oh, okay-"

"Hari, Pops is lookin' for ya!" Akio suddenly appears behind Kurono, leaning on the Sakura tree and munching on some chips. "Really? Right now?" Hari questions, Akio aggressively chews on his chips while nodding. Shiromi looks at her hand and realizes that she squished the Sakura blossom. "Hey, you look worried." Akio said, Shiromi looks up from her palm and shakes her head. "It's nothing." "Mhm, I quite understand that you wanna spend some alone time with Hari, also, what's with you? You've been trying everything to get Kai to be your friend. You seem obsessed." Shiromi's face turned red, she was a bit embarrassed by it. "I... I just wanna be friends with him." She states, Akio reaches into his backpack and takes put a bag of chips. He walks towards Shiromi and hands it to her. "This'll make ya feel better, also, shouldn't you be hanging around kids your age? I mean like, you're 12, and the rest of us are 14." Shiromi once again shakes her head. "The only people I'd accept as my friends are the ones around me." Shiromi says as she takes the chips. She packs up her drawing supplies and start walking down the hill, she stops for a moment and turns to face Akio. "And plus, you guys are the only friends I need. I just need to include Kai." And with that, Shiromi leaves...

Shiromi enters the house through the backdoor, she walks past Pop's office and hear some muffled scoldings. Even if she knew that it was rude to eavesdrop she had to listen. "When are you gonna stop fighting random people, Kai?" Pop's voice asks in a stern tone, Shiromi peaks through the small crack of the door and sees Pop's standing on one side of the room while Kai stands across from him. Kai had some scratches on his face, his fists looked red and bruised, and his school uniform was tattered in some places. "I couldn't help it, Pops. Those filthy students won't stop gossiping about Shiromi." Shiromi tried to process what Kai had just said. He didn't seem to care or even like her at all, yet he beat up a bunch of students for her sake? "I'm gonna have a talk with their parents tomorrow, this time, all of you are going with me. Cause I heard that you involved Kanda in the fight as well." If Kanda was involved then why wasn't he getting scolded, Shiromi had a lot of questions in her head that she didn't hear Pops push the door open.

"Shiro, what are you doing?"

Shiromi snapped out of her thoughts and saw Pops giving her a stern look. "I'm sorry, Pops. I eavesdropped! I promise, I won't do it again!" Shiromi said while bowing, instead of getting scolded Pops placed a hand on Shiromi's snow white hair and ruffled it. "Make sure you won't do it again okay?" Shiromi respectfully nods and made her way to her room...

Once she's in her room she flops onto her fluffy bed, she takes the bag of chips that were given to her and opens it. As Shiromi eats the chips she makes a sketch of the view of the outside of her window, she suddenly hears a knock on the door. "Come in..." The door slid open and in came Kurono. "Damn, pops had me go out to the store for a while. It was so crowded out there, either way, I'm back." Kurono lazily laid on Shiromi's bed out of exhaustion. "H-hey, do you still wanna see my eyes? It's... It's fine if you don't want to do so anymore, I could leave you to rest." Kurono shook his head, he sat up from the bed and pulled his hood down. Shiromi was amazed, Kurono's hair looked like a group of arrows. "It looks weird, but i have no choice. It looks like this because of my quirk-" Kurono paused when he saw Shiromi staring at his hair with a sparkle in her eyes. "What?" He asked. "It's... It's nothing, your hair just looks really cool!" Shiromi clasped her hands together. "Remember what we agreed on?" Shiromi nodded and hesitantly lifted her bangs...

"Shiromi, your eyes are pretty!" Kurono smiles. "You... You think so? People at the orphanage said that I looked like a monster," Kurono shakes his head, he thought about what the orphanage used to do to her... And the children in it. "Oh, Kurono. You're here." Okawa stood by the door. "Shiromi, there's a group of people at the front of the house... They're looking for you." Shiromi and Kurono exchanged looks of confusion before hopping off the bed and running to the front door.

Once they reached the front area of the house with Okawa, Shiromi quickly recognized the man who was talking to Pops and hid behind Okawa. "What's wrong?" Kurono asked. "That's the man who makes us go into a white room with a one way window, and he makes the other staff of the orphanage torture us so we could "develop" our quirks quicker." Shiromi stared at the man with a brown suit, the man glared at Shiromi and smirked. "Well, I'm pretty glad that exp- our little healer has a home of her own. I look forward to visiting her every weekend. Anyway, sir. Thanks for talking with me about our healer, she could be such a pain in the orphanage sometimes, ya know?" The man talked in a fake nice tone. "Why is he acting like this? He's never this nice..." Shiromi thought...

The man walked towards Shiromi and crouched down to her level. "Look how much you've grown, little healer!" The man hugged Shiromi and whispered very softly in her ear so no one else could hear. "You better put that quirk of yours to good use, brat. I didn't train you in that orphanage all this time just so you could run off." The man squeezed Shiromi's arm painfully before standing up to leave. "And with that I'll be going now." He smiled and left...