Chapter 2

Growing

3rd pov

Tanjiro, now seven months old, had become quite a handful for Muzan. His tiny presence filled the fortress with an air of unpredictability. However, with time, Muzan started to understand Tanjiro's needs and desires better. Through observing his actions and reactions, Muzan could often decipher what the baby wanted. He had even managed to establish a nocturnal routine for Tanjiro, ensuring that the baby slept during the day and remained awake at night. This adjustment was challenging for Muzan, but he was determined to keep his son comfortable and content.

When Muzan wasn't home due to dealing with troublesome demons or attending to his dark duties, he would entrust the care of Tanjiro to the lower moons in the infinity fortress. Although many of the lower moons were powerful demons, they struggled to keep up with Tanjiro's energetic nature. He would dart around the fortress, often eluding their grasp and leaving them in a state of bewilderment. The lower moons quickly learned that chasing after Tanjiro was an exercise in futility, and they had to resort to creative ways to entertain and distract him.

~~~ Time skip ~~~

Now a year old, Tanjiro had blossomed into an active and curious toddler. He was slowly learning to talk, although his vocabulary was still limited. However, he had already mastered the art of walking and running. Tanjiro's relentless energy fascinated the upper moons, and they marvelled at his progress. Currently, Muzan had to deal with more troublesome demons, requiring him to be away from his son. During this time, Tanjiro spent his days under the watchful eyes of Akaza and Douma.

One day, Tanjiro was running after Akaza, eager to emulate his guardian's agility. The training session had become a playful game, with Akaza gracefully maneuvering around the fortress while Tanjiro followed closely behind, mirroring his every move. Eventually, Tanjiro grew tired and sought comfort on Douma's lap, nestling against his chest.

As the two upper moons observed the scene, a mischievous idea struck Douma. Playfully, he leaned in closer to Tanjiro and said in a sweet voice, "Tanjiro, say my name~."

Tanjiro's eyes lit up with excitement, his lips curling into a mischievous smile. "Aka!" he exclaimed, his small arms reaching out to hug his favourite demon.

Akaza was taken aback by the unexpected gesture, as Tanjiro had tried to say his name first. He watched with a mix of surprise and affection as Tanjiro showered Douma with love and affection.

"Aww~ why him first~?" Douma pouted, pretending to be disappointed.

With a giggle, Tanjiro turned towards Douma and exclaimed, "Love you Doudou!"

Douma's eyes widened with shock and delight. His heart swelled with joy. This was the first time someone had expressed their love for him. Overwhelmed by emotion, Douma held Tanjiro tightly, cherishing the precious moment.

Just as the scene unfolded, Muzan returned to the fortress, his eyes instantly gravitating toward his beloved son. Tanjiro's face lit up upon seeing his father.

"Dada! I love you!" Tanjiro exclaimed, his arms outstretched towards Muzan.

A smile adorned Muzan's face as he scooped Tanjiro into his arms. "Yes, Dad is back home," he replied lovingly.

Aware that it was getting late, Muzan gently reminded Tanjiro, "It's getting late, Tanjiro. You have to go to bed soon."

The one-year-old nodded understandingly while hugging his father tightly. He was ready for a good night's sleep, knowing that Muzan would always be there to protect him.