Constant Vigilance

Over the past few days, Mad-Eye decided to go through every mind-numbing detail of the plan of rescuing Harry. They had determined that she, Moody, Elphias, Emmeline, Kingsley, Remus, Dedalus, Hestia, and Sturgis were going. Mad-Eye formed a plan A. And a plan B. And a plan C. When Tonks had suggested there were enough plans, he growled, "There are two words that will make a difference between life and death. And those words are..." he made a hand gesture, waiting for them to finish the phrase. 

"Constant Vigilance" everyone mumbled. 

"WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

"Constant Vigilance!" everyone said louder.

"Doesn't he have anything better to say?" Tonks muttered. The corners of Remus's lips twitched.

"I heard that Nymphadora!" Mad-Eye barked, purposely stressing Nymphadora. Tonks blushed.

Of course, Tonks knew what Mad-Eye would say. Heck, he had used his favorite catchphrase, Constant Vigilance, twenty seven times in the last auror meeting. 

Mad-Eye had taken them on the route to Harry's home so many times it was she could probably fly in that same route in her sleep. Moody was just to vigilant sometimes. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 A few days before the date they were supposed to get Harry, Sirius was excited and worried at the same time. Once in a while he would stop drinking, which only happened when he was in a good mood. 

"Before we go get Harry, we should get Hermione Granger today. She is one of Harry's best friends, sit down Sirius (Sirius sat down, disappointed). Nymphadora, (Tonks growled) you and Remus should be the best people to go and get her. She knows Remus so she won't be suspitious. I have already contacted her parents so, she should know."  

The pair apparated to Hermione's front yard and knocked. A bright eyed, bushy haired girl opened the door.

"Professer Lupin?" She asked cautiously with her wand up. Mad-Eye would be proud of this girl, Tonks thought. Constant Vigilance. 

Behind Hermione, her parents were looking at them carefully. 

"Its just 'Remus' now." Lupin said kindly, "This is Nympha-" Tonks glared at him.

"This is Nymphadora Tonks who prefers to be called by her surname only. If you call her 'Nymphadora, she will most likely hex you so, I strongly advise against it." 

Tonks couldn't tell if he was joking or not. 

"Oh ok." Hermione replied, putting her wand in her pocket, "We are going to the Burrow, right?" 

"You are right, as always, but we are going to Grimmauld's Place. Sirius, the Weasleys, and other members of the Order of the Phoenix, which is a secret organization working to stop Voldemort will be there." Remus answered, "We will be taking the Knight Bus." 

Almost on cue, the bus appered right in front of them. 

"Oh my! I've heard that it has muggle repelling charms, right? It was suggested by Minister Dugald McPhail in 1951. But how will it fit on the highway?" Hermione jabbered excitedly.

"Wow, Hogwarts has definatly improved since my day. I was busy blowing up toilets." Tonks said, clearly impressed. 

"Hermione is the brightest witch i've ever met. She recieved the highest grades in the school." Remus explained. Hermione flushed a shade of magenta.

They boarded the bus, handed Stan Shunpike a handful of sickles, and each grasped the brass bedstand so tightly their knuckles turned white.  They were thrown around until finally, to their relief, they arrived at Grimmauld's Place.