Secrets in the dark

"I like-" Remus instantly slapped his hand over his mouth. "You know what, it's late. I'm off to bed."

"Moony, don't be such a killjoy. Have some fun, you prat. C'mon. Moony?" Sirius whined. He was just getting to the good part.

"Nope. Off to bed. Night." Remus swiftly turned away.

"Yeah, same for me. Night Sirius." The pink haired auror was indeed exhasted.

One by one, the members left the game, causing Sirius to feel rather miserable. It definatly didn't help that his godson, Harry, was going back to Hogwarts soon. He did feel bad that he had asked his best friend to confess his love for his cousin, but he only promised not to tell Tonks that Remus loved her. He had no guarantees about making Remus tell Tonks his feelings.

Sirius remembered how he had found loopholes through everything, in and out of Hogwarts. Of course, it just landed him and the other Marauders a double detention. He sighed. Everything had changed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright. Assignments. The most wonderful time of the year." Alastor Moody sacrasticlly growled, still glaring at Sirius for turning his room into a shrine. Sirius withered under his glare. Tonks, however, sniggered.

"Alright, first of all, for guard duty, we have-"

Sirius stood up. Mad-Eye glared at him even more than before. "Sit down, Black." He said distainfully. "You're stuck here. Order from Dumbledore himself."

"But Mad-Eye, I was meerly sugesting that you pair Moony and Nymphadora together since they are so chummy, even though Remus has turned from Moony the Marauder, to Moony the Housewife. Boring." Sirius winked at her. Tonks pretended not to understand.

"Fine. Nymphadora and Remus, you will be watching the Carrow's house. They are suspected Death Eaters, so CONSTANT VIGILANCE!" Moody shouted, causing Sirius to wobble and fall out of his chair. Mad-Eye looked satisfied.

Tonks was so gleeful that she didn't even correct Mad-Eye's use of her first name. Sirius shot her a smirk and mouthed "you owe me one". Tonks rolled her eyes like a teenager and mouthed "in your dreams". Sirius dramatically clutched his heart and pretended to die.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Remus, who do you like?" Tonks pried. She cringed internally, for she was begining to sound like Sirius.

"No one." Dispite his statement, he blushed.

"Are they in the Order?" Tonks tried again.

Remus hesitated. There were only a handful in the Order of the Phoenix, not to mention even fewer that were mildly attractive. He would not be kissing Mad-Eye Moody any day soon.

"Maybe?" He phrased it like a question, hoping to confuse her. It didn't.

"Is it Hestia?" She joked.

"No, it's Dumbledore." He sarcasticlly replied.

"McGonagall?" Tonks guessed again.

Remus snorted.

"I'll take that as a no. Is it male or female?" Tonks asked. Remus didn't reply, trying to not narrow down the results.

"Ooh, I know." Tonks winked, playfully. Remus' heart skipped a beat. She didn't guess correctly already, did she?

"You have a burning desire for Snape. Awww, when's the wedding?" She teased, playfully.

"I'd rather stick my hand into the mouth or a hungrarian horntail than marry Snape." He declared. "Nope."

"Sirius?" Tonks asked.

"Eh, he's okay looking, but not my type, no." Remus didn't add that he was into women. Specificlly the one in front of him. The results were starting to narrow down.

Tonks was silent for a while. Finally, she spoke. "He's still handsome, isn't he, even after Azkaban?"

Remus had never actually loved someone until he met Tonks, meaning he never understood what it ment to be jealous of someone. There were the small handful of crushes that would last for a month or two, and just go away. Now he knew. He had always known that Tonks wouldn't like him back, he had imagined that she would marry a handsome, young auror, but he had never, in his wildest dreams, imagined that she would fall for his very best friend, Sirius Black.

"He always got the woman." He replied bitterly, before he could even register what had come through his mouth.

Tonks' hair suddenly turned from a vibrant shade of magenta to a startling shade of red. "You'd know perfectly well who I've fallen for, if you weren't too busy feeling sorry for yourself to notice."

Remus' heart soared. She had meant him, of all the people in the world! As quickly as it came, the feeling was replaced by a crushing weight. He couldn't marry, or have children, for he might pass on his condition. He couldn't let her know that he felt the same way.

"Who?" He asked.

Tonks was young, but she was smart. She knew that Remus felt the same way, but just wouldn't admit it.

"No one." She muttered. "Besides, Sirius is my cousin, remember?"

"Right. Sorry." Remus replied.

They were silent for the rest of the night.

A/N: Lots of drama :D . So, this is actually canon, it's on Wizarding World/Pottermore, and J.K Rowling actually included this part in the overview on Remus' life. See ya, and I'm going to edit the chapters before this, cuz they are kinda... cringy?

~Sophie