Rumors

"Look at my ickle little Nymphadora. All grown up. You know what she needs? A boyfriend." Sirius told her the moment she walked in the room.

"Jeez, Sirius. Nip it." Tonks was extremely cross.

"I think you and Remus would make a nice couple." Sirius winked at Remus, who was also in the room. He blushed, but didn't say anything.

"We're just friends, Padfoot." Remus said tiredly. But did he want something more with the pink haired auror? The werewolf stopped thinking about it immediatly. She was obviously too good for him. We're just friends, he convinced himself. Nothing more than that.

Admitidly, he wasn't afraid that he had fallen for her. He already had, pretty hard. Her pink hair brought joy to his dreary life, and she could make him smile anytime. If he wasn't needed in the Order, he would have left, so that he wouldn't have to endure the pain of watching her fall in love of a rich, handsome, auror, which was what she deserved. But they were both needed, so he stayed.

"Yeah, and also, I like someone. So, no, I don't need you're matchmaking." Apperantly, pairing Tonks with someone was Sirius' personal source of entertainment.

"Who is it?" Sirius wiggled his eyebrows at her playfully.

"Mundungus." She replied sarcasticlly. "I am soooooo in love with him. He is so cute and handsome and is totally a gentleman." Remus snorted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the meeting, Hestia Jones pulled her aside.

"Seriously, 'Dung, out of all the people? Mundungus Fletcher?" She gaped at Tonks, horrified.

"What?" Tonks was completely baffled.

"You have a crush on Mundungus Fletcher?" Hestia's voice rose to a high pitch.

"Wha- no. No way, not in a million years. Why would you think that? Gross."

"Sirius said so."

Tonks was so embarrased. Merlin's beard, did everyone really think that she was in love with 'Dung? She had meant it as a joke. She was going to seriously consider obliviating Fletcher.

"I meant it as a joke. I will kill him. SIRIUS!" Tonks' voice turned into a high pitched shriek. "DIE, YOU LAZY ARSE! IDIOT! DIE!"

"Woah, calm down, Tonks." Hestia tried to comfort her.

"Who knows?" Certainly, the entire Order couldn't know, right. Maybe he had only told Hestia. Yes, that was probably what had happened.

"Uh, like everyone? Even Dumbledore questioned Sirius. Everyone's placing bets on if it is true or not. Even Albus has placed twenty sickles. On false of course."

"I have to hex a certain reletive of mine. See you later, Hestia." Tonks tried to calm herself down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonks waved her wand at Sirius. Instantly, his head began to sprout antlers, bearing lushious, sweet smelling fruit. Not so sweet smelling when they bursted into live grasshoppers.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU TOLD EVERYONE I LIKED MUNDUNGUS FLETCHER! DID YOU SEE HIS FACE? HE WAS LITERLLY WINKING AT ME! I CLEARLY DON'T LIKE HIM. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE HEAD IS THICK BUT I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE-"

"Chill, Nymphie." Sirius said, carelessly, waving his wand to undo the hex. "I'll tell them it is all a joke. No harm done. Besides, I have a little plan to get your 'one true love' and you on the right track."

"No. You are not going to get me and 'Dung together. Nope, never."

"Not Fletcher, the guy you actually like." Then he whispered, "Is it a certain bookworm professer? You can say, the wolf is out of the bag, Tonksie."

Tonks' jaw dropped. Her secret was out. "Don't you dare tell anyone. Or else, I'll, I'll-" Her voice trailed off.

"You'll stutter at me?" The escaped convict smirked. "Don't worry, I solmenly swear I'll keep it a secret. But under one condition."

Tonks sighed. She didn't need this right now.

"What?"

"You let me go with my plan."