E I G H T

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

༻✧༺

[10 months later]
[March 21st, Thursday, 12:00PM]

Today was Yuko's second to last day as a first-year. So much had changed since she came to Tokyo.

"Your hair has gotten very long, Yuko-chan." Kaori spoke up, taking a seat beside Yuko.

"Really? I should get a haircut then." she smiled.

Indeed, I've changed a lot, she hummed to herself. Just then, Yukie walked into the classroom they were in. "Yo~ Let's eat." she lazily said with her usual smile.

"Hebiko's not here, yet. Let's wait for her." Kaori replied.

The three of them sat down together around a cafeteria table. Yukie and Kaori waved at their other friend groups, making Yuko a little curious.

"Why did you guys l... become friends with me?" Yuko unconsciously muttered out, instantly stiffening up as she had not intended to say that out loud.

"Eh? Well, you always kind of looked sad and lonely when you were eating lunch alone. We guessed you were the lone wolf type, but, nevertheless, gave it a shot to become friends with you." Kaori softly explained with a smile.

"But... I just thought you were trying to recruit her to become the next manager." Yukie teasingly said, narrowing her eyes at her classmate.

Yuko let out a soft laugh, gaining the two 2nd-years' attention.

"You know... You express yourself more nowadays. Compared to when you first started the year, that is." Yukie commented. Just then, Hebiko came rushing towards the three girls.

"Ah~ Sorry! I had to help Tachibana-sensei with a few errands!" she huffed, wiping her sweat and breathing heavily.

"Come on, let's get our lunch! I'm starving!" Yukie spoke up with a slight pout. Thus, 4 girls got in line with the other students.

Yuko's phone pinged, indicating that she got a message. She looked at the screen and it was a message from Kumoko Arashi, plus a few unread messages from him. Yuko walked behind her 3 friends and read through the messages.

Kusoko Arashi
➪ yo, yuko
➪ some girls came lookin for ya at my school just now. they somehow know that you and i are affiliated
➪ yeah, whatever. they looked like trouble. i didn't tell them anything much. gave them false info to throw them off their track
➪ better stay low for a few days if you want to avoid conflict. goodluck!

Tch, already on my tail... Yuko thought to herself and replied to Kumoko with a thanks.

Just as she was about to press send, she bumped into somebody and dropped her phone. The girl scowled upon the sound of her phone hitting the floor.

"Ah, sorry." said a familiar voice. Yuko looked up to see that she had bumped into Akaashi Keiji. She threw him a glare, but forcefully smiled nonetheless.

"It's fine." she replied through grit teeth and picked up her phone. Fortunately, there were no damage done to it.

Akaashi slightly frowned to himself as he walked off to his friends.