O N E

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

༻✧༺

[Monday 6:37PM]

She walked down the empty hallways

She walked down the empty hallways. Everyone had gone home by now, and the only students who remained were the ones with club activities.

Yuko had her own club now, which consisted of 3 members. Jin Yuko herself and her two friends Shirofuku Yukie and Suzumeda Kaori. The latter is her senpai who introduced her to Yukie. 

Since Yuko started attending Fukurodani Academy about a week after school had started, she was singled out at first. She didn't care. Kaori was nice enough to approach her. Although they got somewhat close, Yuko always kept a distance- refusing to hang out with her after school and going home alone most of the time. A little over two weeks into the girl's arrival, Kaori introduced Yuko to Yukie. The older female was the manager of the volleyball club, which Kaori had recently joined.

Yuko didn't see this as an opportunity to step out of her comfort zone. But, rather, saw it as one to start the Music Club. So, she got them to sign the papers, and the three-man school club which only one student attended was formed.

Currently, Yuko was returning to the Music Room after she had to run some errands for her homeroom teacher. She pushed open the heavy metal doors. Music notes, lyrics to songs, and a few analysis books on famous musicians' works were scattered across the floor, desks, and bookshelves. She picked them up one by one from the ground as she slowly advanced toward the musical instrument.

Taking a seat on the low chair, she looked through the music notes until she found the one she was looking for.

Liebestraum No. 3 by Liszt... A masterpiece, she thought as she laid down the pages in front of herself.

[Volleyball Club]

The volleyball club activities had just ended. Everyone was ready to go home, except for Akaashi Keiji.

"You coming, Akaashi?" the energetic second-year exclaimed as he noticed that Akaashi was looking around, fidgeting in his spot.

"Go ahead. I think I left my phone somewhere," he replied as he decided to stay behind. The other members waved goodbye at him and went their separate ways.

Akaashi is a member of Fukurodani High School's Boys' Volleyball Club. He is their setter. He is a quiet character who is focused on volleyball and only volleyball. He couldn't keep the fangirls away when he's tall and handsome, you know? Oh, and he couldn't find his phone. The last place he could've left it was at the water fountain on the first floor of the main building, next to the Music Room. It was the closest to the Gymnasium, so the volleyball members went there often, including Akaashi.

The setter decided to look for it there.

As he got closer, he could make out a melody playing somewhere. It was faint and muffled at first, so it was hard to make out what it was. But once he had gotten close enough, he realized that it was the piano.

Who could it be at this hour? he wondered as he involuntarily listened to the tune.

Once he was able to make out the notes clearly... Akaashi froze in his place.

It was as if the composer was playing with the strings of his heart. They were no simple melodies that were coming from behind that door. No, they were emotions. Hope and belief filled his whole being with each and every key pressed, making goosebumps go down his spine. Like someone had just flown him to the sky and showed him all the stars. So much longing... such love... He had unknowingly reached out his hand towards the metal doors.

But the touching moment didn't last long, as the sound of his ringtone came from nearby. Akaashi came out from his dazed state and retracted his hand before continuing his search.

Just a few feet ahead of him was the water fountain. And right beside it on the ground was his phone. He picked it up to see who just called.

Bokuto-san
5 missed calls

He pocketed his mobile device after sending his friend a message, saying that he found his phone and there was no need to keep calling.

Akaashi turned back around and passed by the Music Room. The melody from before had stopped and everything had gone quiet. It almost made him wonder if it was all real or if it was just his imagination in the first place. He wanted to push open the door and see who was inside. But what would he say if he were to see someone in there?

In the end, he decided to go straight home.

༻✧༺

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«