T W O

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

༻✧༺

[Friday 6:31PM]

Yuko sat in her classroom, scribbling down the music playing in her head. She was having a moment of inspiration. She had to write down everything before she forgot it.

 It has only been a month since she started her first year at Fukurodani, but the place already felt like home to her. Well, it was originally her home. She just had to leave before she could truly call it that.

Her family had settled in at the headquarters. Despite that, Yuko's parents would be away frequently, leaving her alone with the housemaids in the mansion. She didn't really know where they went or what they did, but she decided not to question it. After all, it was not her place to meddle.

The girl stood up from her seat and decided to head home for the day. She gathered her stuff and put them into her bag. Just as she was ready to leave, the door to the classroom rattled open.

"Ah, Yuko-chan!" It was none other than Kaori, her one and only friend. "I really need your help!" she clasped her hands together in a begging manner. Yuko sighed.

"Yes, what is it?" she asked as she placed her bag down on the desk. She guessed she won't be heading home anytime soon.

"You're good with injuries, right?" she asked, to which the short-haired girl nodded. "One of our players just sprained his ankle! We can't find the nurse anywhere! The only person I could think of was you," she explained. Yuko nodded as she understood the situation.

Kaori had tripped on pavement 2 days back when she was running towards Yuko. The quiet girl helped her up and took her to the infirmary. Unfortunately, the nurse was nowhere to be seen so she decided to tend to her injuries herself (talk about slacking off, smh). Nonetheless, Kaori was pleasantly surprised and wondered where Yuko learned to treat wounds so neatly and skillfully. But she decided not to pry.

"Alright. I guess I can help a bit..." she muttered. Kaori beamed as she took ahold of Yuko's wrist and dragged her towards the gym. It wasn't a long way, and they arrived in a short amount of time.

"Coach! I brought someone who can help!" Kaori exclaimed as she dragged Yuko behind her. All eyes were now on her, which made her want to crawl into a hole and never come back out. She did not like being the center of attention. But, alas, she bore with it and decided to get things done as soon as possible and leave.

"Sorry for the intrusion. So, who's the airhead?" she deadpanned.

Everyone seemed a bit unsure whether to let her continue or stop her. Noticing their skeptical glances, Kaori spoke up. "Please trust her! She's really good at this," she begged.

The coach sighed and told Yuko to follow him. She spotted someone sitting on the bleachers.

Without another word, she took ahold of his ankle and examined it. She moved it to the side only for the guy to squint his eyes in pain. "Right. Definitely a sprain. But it's not that bad, so no need to worry about permanent damage," she spoke. Yuko rummaged through her bag and brought out an ointment. She applied it to the swollen ankles and neatly wrapped it in the bandages she found in the first-aid kit someone brought. "That should do it. Don't put a strain on it for about four weeks and rest. Don't walk on it. Start with light jogs once the probation is over. Apply this ointment daily." The girl handed it to the person who was hurt. The skeptical gazes were replaced with impressed ones. She knew what she was doing.

"See? I told you she could patch you up good, Akaashi-kun!" Kaori smiled.

"Thank you." The supposed Akaashi bowed as he received the ointment from Yuko. She nodded and took her bag from next to him.

"Thank you, uh...?" the coach silently asked for Yuko's name.

"Jin. Jin Yuko." she quickly replied.

"Jin...?" Coach Yamiji raised his brows. "Are you perhaps... related to Jin Ryunosuke?" he asked, surprised.

"Oh. Yes, sir. Are you an acquaintance of my grandfather?" she was pleasantly surprised. She guessed that city people knew each other well.

"Ohoho! We go way back~! Send my regards to Ryu!" the old man chuckled with a bright expression. Yuko smiled as she bowed slightly. She silently left the gym after saying goodbye to Kaori.

"You know her grandfather, Coach?" Kaori asked the question everyone was itching to ask.

"Hoho~! Back in my days, the Jin subgroup of Kirigaya was quite infamous!" he grinned. "The Jin family is a yakuza family. Ryunosuke was the leader. I suppose she's one of her descendants' daughters. Hoho, she resembles her grandfather very much."

"Wait, are you saying she's from a yakuza family?" Sarukui, the wing spiker, asked with a gloomy expression, almost scared.

"Ehh~? I guess we shouldn't go carelessly getting involved with her then." Konoha, the other wing spiker spoke up, shuddering slightly.

Akaashi just observed as he thought not much of the situation. She's from yakuza family. So what? She had nothing to do with him. Today was probably the first and last time he was ever going to see her.

Boy, was he wrong... 

༻✧༺

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«