Chapter 3: Gone

Everest POV
I am riding on ice, I cannot continue. The weight of my vehicle is too heavy on the ice. I will walk away.
I walk on the ice, and I head to north.
The sky is white, the ice is white, no clouds, cold but I am not cold, thanks to my fur.
I am still shocked after reading the letter, how can my brother keep such a big secret? Where has he been all these years? How could he contact me? I imagine that I would have the answers to all these questions from him. That's when I remember something.
The food!!! I completely forgot to take it! Too bad ... I will search on my way. I ate on my own before Jake came.

Skye POV
I come out of my puphouse yawning. Is it a little late? I look next to me, and I don't see the puphouse of my best bro ever.
I immediately run to Ryder who is playing video games in the morning.

Me: Ryder! Ryder !! Chase is not here!

Ryder: Oh no! I think he went to look for Everest .... but it's too dangerous!
Paw Patrol! To the Lookout!

All the pups: Ryder needs us!

I wait patiently in front of Ryder for the others to come.

Me: Ryder? What are you doing?

Ryder: Oh I play video games. I'm just waiting that your friends come.

They are finally coming. I wonder what Marshall joke was.

Ryder: Oops! Mistake. Robo dog! Bring back the Air Patroller! Pups! All in the Air Patroller!

We walk into the Air Patroller and Ryder starts talking.

Ryder: Everest got a weird letter from her brother. So she left yesterday. I told Chase we would look for her today, but Chase left overnight.

Rubble: I didn't understand anything.

Ryder: It's ok. I don't need you anyway.

Me: I hope they are doing well!

Ryder: Everest yes. She has a special fur for cold. But Chase's fur is not for the cold. He has no warm clothes and no food.

Rubble: Can't wait to feed Chase some food ...

Rocky: You mean you're gonna eat it all before you give it to him!

We're all laughing. Rocky is too funny sometimes!

Chase POV
The cold begins to enter in my blood, and I tremble. I then see the vehicle of Everest.

Me: EVEREST !!! EVE!!!

There is nobody. But I can follow her by smelling her scent.
My nose is so frozen that I can't smell anything. I imagine she's gone straight ahead.
I don't even have a beanie.
I decide to leave my vehicle and continue straight ahead.
Why does Eve go there? I told her it was dangerous. Maybe her brother isn't as nice as she thinks he is.