Chapter 8: Suspicion

The gas has spread all over the room and Chase knows he will soon be unconscious like Everest.
He tears up a magazine paper and puts it on his muzzle.
But what worries him the most is that Everest is lying unconscious on the ground, maybe even dead if she doesn't get out of here.
No matter how hard he tries to break the door, the door is solid and something outside is blocking it.

"Open the door !! Help us !!" Chase shouts, knocking on the door. But, no answer.

The door is the only way out. Chase walks away from the door and comes back running at full speed, banging and smashing the door. This gesture caused injuries to the German Shepherd.

Chase rushes in and takes Everest as he exits the room where the gas continues to spread.
Oliver's guards come running to rescue Chase and Everest with gas masks.
Oliver then comes with medical stuff to help Everest and Chase.

Moments later, Everest, awake and snuggled up on Chase, begins to think about Oliver. "What if he's not my real brother?" Think Everest.

Chase: Everest and I had decided to leave here and go back to Adventure Bay.

Oliver: Listen ... I'm sorry about this incident. It was just an accident.

Chase: What accident !? Someone locked and blocked the door! And I'm sure the gas leak was triggered by someone! Don't take it the wrong way, but I'm starting to suspect you.

Oliver: You won't leave! Everest is in our family and we must take revenge for the death of our parents!

Everest: Speaking of that ... I'm sorry Oliver. I want to go. I am happier at Adventure Bay.

Oliver: I didn't ask for your opinion, Everest!

Everest: You tried to kill us!

Oliver: Everest ... are you also blaming me now? I did everything to find you, and you don't even care about me?

Everest: No ... that's not what you think ...

Oliver: Listen to me, sis. If you leave, the other huskies will learn that you are a traitor and that you hated your parents. So you're gonna follow me and together we'll kill our parents' killer, James.

Everest sighs and says nothing.

Oliver: Good. Tomorrow we go to James' lair and we will kill him.

Oliver leaves accompanied by his guards while Chase and Everest remain seated with no emotion on their faces.

Chase: Don't tell me you believe him?

Everest: I don't know ...

With Ryder and the pups, the Air Patroller lands near Oliver's hideout thanks to the footprints left by Chase, Everest and Oliver.
But the sun is setting and the footprints are no longer visible.
Ryder decides to spend the night in the Air Patroller and search for Chase and Everest the next day.
Having activated the heating, the pups sleep comfortably except two: Skye who is not sleepy, and Rocky who has his gaze plunged into the cockapoo.

Rocky therefore approaches Skye.

Rocky: Um Skye? I know you're annoyed if someone tells you that they love you. But ... I have to tell you something.

Skye: I'm listening, Rocky.

Rocky: Skye ... you are everything to me. I really love you. And I promise you that I'll be the best boyfriend ever. Give me a chance, Skye.

Skye's face turns red with anger, and Marshall, suddenly awake, whispers into Rocky's ear:
"You are going to be hated by Skye for 3 whole days."
"Damn" says Rocky.

Skye: How dare you tell me that !? I want to be single! Siiingle!