Chapter 10: A Real Brother?

Chase, Everest and Oliver enter this factory, where everything seems empty.
"Um Oliver? You told me that there will be fights, James guards and your guards will fight, and that we will kill James? I don't see any of that. I just see an empty place and that ... stinks a little. " Everest says.

Oliver doesn't say anything as the 3 continue to walk. But arriving in the middle of the factory, Oliver orders Chase and Everest to stop.

Chase: Please tell me it's a prank from the start.

Oliver: I have to ... tell you something.

Oliver pulls a pistol out of his gear and points it at Everest.

Chase: Oliver!

Oliver: I've been looking for you for a long time and I finally found you, Everest! You will end up dead like the rest of your family.

Chase: Oliver! Last warning before I fight you!

Oliver: I'm not Oliver anymore .... I'm James. The one who killed your parents and your sister! The one who fought with your brother and who ...

Chase throws himself at James and the pistol falls to the ground.
A battle between a German Shepherd and Husky begins, but James being older than Chase dominates him just as he dominates the wolves.
"Run Everest! Run!" Chase yells from the top of his lungs.
Everest hesitates, but decides to run away.
James then notices Everest running away, he then bites Chase on his paw and follows Everest.

Chase screams in pain, he tries to walk but he can't. He is hurt. Further, James is faster than Everest, he grabs her, and takes her away because he had just seen a plane landing near the factory.

Indeed, the Air Patroller lands near the factory, where the pups rush into the factory. They see Chase injured, and transport him to the Air Patroller where Marshall tries to treat him.

Chase: Quick! James has taken Everest and is taking her somewhere to kill her!

Marshall: James?

Chase: No time to explain! He's a bad husky!

Ryder: Skye, Rubble and Rocky! Go get Everest and James! Zuma, Marshall and I are staying here in the Air Patroller.

Skye, Rocky and Rubble then leave in their vehicles in search of Everest. Meanwhile, Chase cries thinking he's weak and hasn't been able to do anything to save Everest.

Ryder: Hey ... don't cry, buddy. We're gonna find her.