Chapter 7: Secret Base

Arrived at the secret base after a long walk, Oliver shows his sister and Chase the plans to catch James, the one who killed Everest's parents

Everest: Wait, before we start, I want to go see the grave of dad, mom and lil sis.

Oliver: No, not now! You will go after!

Everest: But ...

Oliver: The village is too dangerous! You risk to being captured and to die!

Everest: I don't care! I just want ...

Suddenly Oliver, furious, slaps his sister's cheek.
Chase wanted to intervene, but seeing the armed guards around Oliver, he decides to say nothing and do nothing.
Oliver sighs and whispers something in a guard's ear, then leaves.
The guard approaches Everest and he says:
"I'm sorry for what happened. Oliver Sir is often angry. Come on you two, I'll take you to a room so you can rest."

Chase takes Everest's paw in his paw and together they follow the guard who leads them into a room.

Chase: Thanks ...

Once inside, Chase closes the door, and Everest, deep in her thoughts, sits down on the mattress.
Chase sits down next to her, and puts his arm around the husky's waist, which drops onto Chase's chest.

Chase: I know a lot of things are bothering you right now, but don't worry. Everything will be alright...

No response from Everest. Chase then strokes the husky who turns her head towards him and looks at him with worrying eyes.
Chase thinks he's a bad boyfriend for Everest, especially after she's been slapped and Chase hasn't done anything.
Hope in the husky's tears begins to be noticed.

Chase: Ice or snow ....

Everest: I'm always here for you.

Everest brings her lips closer to Chase and a passionate kiss begins between the two pups.
No need to breathe for the two lovers, because in such a situation, only the hearts breathe and enjoy this pleasant moment.
Fatigue takes them away and both fall tired on the mattress, with their mouths still glued to each other.

Chase must have woken up 2 hours later, because in the room they are in, gas begins to spread.
Chase panics and seeing Everest still sleeping, he hugs her and tries to get out of the room but .... impossible! The door is locked from outside.
The poisonous smell of the gas wakes Everest who screams in panic at the sight of it.

Chase: I'll save you Everest!

Everest falls from Chase's arms to the ground, unconscious from lack of oxygen.

Chase: Everest! I'll get you out of here!

Chase searches for a solution while coughing from the lethal gas.