Chapter 20

Steve's POV

"Hey y/n/n, we should probably find a seat. I'm sure it'd be more comfortable than the floor." I say noticing my hand still massaging her thigh.

She looks at me with a twinkle of mischievous in her eyes and nods in agreement. I stand up, then stretch my hand out to y/n to pull her off the ground.

She hesitates before grabbing my hand. I lean back for a bit of leverage and pull y/n/n off of the floor. I guess I used too much force because y/n came crashing into my chest almost knocking me over.

I feel her closing the little space between us. Her body against mine, I can feel her smile into the hug. I remove my hands from hers and wrap them around her waist.

I hear her breathe hitch in her throat, "Is this okay? I understand if this makes you uncomfortable. I can move my hands if want or-"

"No, no this is nice." She whispers against my chest.

"Ok Bonnie and Clyde pack it up! Some of us would like to keep our food in our stomachs. So if you could take your seats!" Tony enunciates.

Y/n takes my hand and leads us over to some seats.
"Thank you! Alright Jarvis takes us home." Tony says theatrically.

"It's gonna be a long flight home, you should get some rest." I whisper to y/n, whose head is on my chest. I look down at her and she nods her head sleepily. I lay my head on top of hers and close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Y/n's POV

When I wake up we're still on the jet. I look around and I find that I'm the only one awake. Tony asleep in pilot's seat, Clint asleep in the copilot seat, Nat and Bruce snuggled opposite of Steve and I.

I look down to see Steve's arms wrapped around me.
I lay my back down on his chest. I can hear his heart beat and his lights snores.

"I like it here. This is nice. It should just stay like this forever. Obviously this is just wishful thinking but a girl can dream." I whisper under my breath. I continue as Steve snores on, "You know, I kinda knew you liked me. I never said anything because, I guess I was scared..." I trail off. "Scared of getting hurt or hurting you, or even worse losing you. I guess I thought it was better to keep you in my life as friend than fuck things up and loose you forever." I finish and it's awkwardly quiet now.

"Language." Steve whispers back. I don't say anything back. I just freeze, I swear this man is gonna be the death of me.

"I, uh, though you were sleeping... how much of that did you hear?" I question my cheeks growing warm. Thanking God for pigment in my skin to hide the blush that for sure would show up if I were any lighter.

I hear him take a deep breath, wrap his hands tighter around my waist, then clear his throat. "Y/n/n just know no matter what you do, you could never lose me. Never." Steve says reassuring me.