Chapter 8

Y/n's POV

As I'm walking away from Steve I see Tony walk over to him. I turn the corner and run into Dr. Banner.
"Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention..." I trail off.
I notice he's got lipstick on his neck. "Um... doctor you've got a bit of..." I say pointing to my neck.

"Oh, thank you y/n." He says and walks away like nothing happened. Well ok then, I mean good for him but damn. As I'm continuing down the hallway and see Natasha come out of the bathroom. "Hey Nat!" I call out to her. She turns toward me and looks rather flustered. "Hey, are you ok? You seem a bit... dazed." I say, I look at her lips and notice two things. One being, her lipstick is smudged. Two being, it's the same shade of lipstick Bruce had on his neck...

"AINT NO WAY NAT!!! YOU AND BRUCE!!!!" I practically scream. She shushes me and drags me back into the bathroom.

"Shut up! The whole team doesn't have to know!" She whispers.

"Why are you whispering, we are the only ones in here. Besides it's payback." I point out, "besides that's payback."

"Payback for what?!" Nat says now speaking at a normal level.

"Oh I don't know, maybe, matching my outfit with Steve's! It makes us look like a couple!" I say, my voice getting louder.

"So... you guys look so cute together and it's obvious that you like him. I mean, you guys have spent a lot of time together." She explains.

"Nat, it was my job to get him acclimated to society.
You know after being frozen ice!" I yell.

"Yeah, but that was years ago. Besides Fury said you only had to do that for a year. That was like 4 years ago! Now, look me in the eye and tell me you don't like that man!" Nat's yelling now too.
"I- I don't like Steve." I say.

Shit! I stuttered, Nat's not gonna believe now. But, I've never really realized how long Steve and I have been friends.

" Ha! I knew it! You stuttered! I was right! God I love being right. Besides I'm a professional liar, I know when someone's lying to me." Nat cheers with a wide smile on her face.

"Y/n/n, why are you denying it. It's obvious Steve likes you too!" Nat says excitedly.

"Yeah yeah whatever." I say sarcastically and crossing my arms in disbelief.

"Fine! I'll prove it to you!" She says, dragging me out of the bathroom. As we are walking down the hall I hit my foot on Thor's hammer.

"Shit! That hurt like a bitch!" I complain.

"Oh sorry about that. He just leaves it everywhere!
"Thor come get you're hammer! And you can't just stick out your hand, if it hits anyone in the head it's your fault!" Nat yells. I hear a groan from Thor and footsteps heading this way.

"It's fine Nat I've got it." I say. Holding the hammer.
Nat just stares at me like I have three heads.

"What? Is something wrong?! Nat! Earth to Nat!
Natasha!" I yell in her face while snapping my fingers. I put down the weapon and clap infront of Nat's eyes. Nothing. I see Thor and I pick up his hammer and hand it to him. He looks at my hand then back at me and faints. Nat faints and lands on Thor.

Well damn.

"Hey, uh Steve! Tony!" I call out. I hear their fast footsteps heading towards me. When they get here they just freeze and stare at me in awe. "Why does everyone keep dotting that?! What's wrong? Steve! Hellooo?!" I yell at them.

Steve finally snaps out of it and just smiles at me. "Why am I not surprised?" He says. Behind me I hear Thor groaning getting up from the floor "Steve, you girlfriend is.... worthy!" Thor says.

"One, I'm not his girlfriend. Two, worthy? What does he mean by that? It's just a hammer" I ask, obviously not seeing why this is such a big deal.