Chapter 7

Steve's POV

I swear this woman is going to be the death of me.

"So, you gonna introduce us to your little friend or what?" Tony says sitting on the couch. I walk out of the elevator and grab y/n's hand guiding her to the center of the living room.

"Team this is y/n/n- I mean y/n. Y/n that's Tony or iron-" I begin to say.

"Shut the hell up, you're iron man! And Hawkeye, the Hulk, Thor! It's so nice to finally meet y'all." Y/n/n says cutting me off.

"Well it seems like you know everyone one, so I'll leave you to it!" I say to her and head to the bar.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Y/n's POV

I still can't believe this is fucking real. Wow, Thor is cuter than I thought. "I noticed Nat isn't in here do you know where she could be? I have to talk to her. Not that I don't want to talk to you it's just-" I ramble

"You're fine kid, Nat's at the bar with Steve." Tony says cutting me off and pointing to the other side of the room.

"Thanks Tony. Oh and by the way, don't call me kid I'm a woman. A woman who happens to have a name.
So if you could refrain from calling me a child that would be great! Mr. Stark." I say with an attitude, walking head the bar.

Once I'm over there I sit next to Steve. But I feel eyes burning into my back. I turn around notice Tony staring dead at me, a look of shock plastered on his face. I give him a smug yet satisfied look and turn back to Steve.

"What was that about?" Steve says when I turn back towards him.

"Oh nothing, except for the fact that I just put Tony in his place!" I say really proud of myself.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Steve's POV

I almost choke on my drink as y/n finishes her sentence. "What did he say? Wait what did YOU say? Is he pissed?" I ask her with excitement.

No one ever puts Tony in his place except for me.
And even when I do, he still has something to say.
But I should've known, if someone can get Tony to shut up, it's y/n. God, that woman is amazing.

After y/n tells me what happened between Tony and her, she walk away to find Nat. As she's walking away I can't help buy stare the way she carries herself with so much confidence its just mesmerizing.

"Your little girlfriend is fiery I like her. I think we could be good friends." A familiar voice says behind me. I turn around to see Tony.

"For the last time Tony, y/n is not my girlfriend. She is simply a friend. But, I'm glad you two get along." I reply.

"Steve you're lying to me. But even worse you're lying to yourself. Now, I'm not usually the romantic type but, I know a man in love when I see one and you my friend, are in love." Tony says and with that he pats me on my shoulder and walks away.

Is it really that obvious. I mean who am I kidding
I've completely fallen for my best friend and there is nothing I can do about it.

Tony was right he helped me realize that I do care for y/n. The only problem I don't know if she feels the same way and even if she did, she seemed really excited about that Ron guy.

It's going to be a long night.