Chapter 6: Thunder

Pietro's Pov:
That night, a thunder storm started. I hate to admit it, but I always get a little scared by the sound of it. I walked downstairs to grab a glass of water, but saw Y/n sitting at the kitchen island aswell. I thought she didn't notice me, but she said: "Afraid of the storm or just couldn't sleep because of it." "A bit of both, actually. It reminds me of bomb explosions, we had those a lot in Sokovia." I answered, looking embarrassed at the ground. She chuckled a bit and pointed at me. "So that's why you have an accent. Not gonna lie, it's kinda hot. It's a common fact that men who have a little accent are just way more attractive." "So you think I'm hot?" I said, probably with a smirk, I can't control them. It was silent for a few seconds, before Y/n said: "It doesn't matter what I think. Everyone I fall in love with, either doesn't like me back or dies, and I don't wanna do that to you." "Wait, so you admit you have feelings for me? A regular, 17 year old guy, with an Sokovian accent? Well, I'm flattered." I said, instantly regretting that. 'What if she doesn't actually like me? You made a total fool of yourself, Pietro.' I thought after that. She got up from the bar and walked straight at me. "I didn't tell you the truth, in the afternoon. The truth is, is that I couldn't see your love. The only thing I saw was the reflection of myself in your eyes, which never happened before." she said, looking away. Oh god, you don't wanna know how bad I wanted to kiss her, right at this moment.

Your Pov:
I looked away, a little ashamed or embarrassed. Suddenly I felt a hand grabbing my wrist, but in a gentle way and I heard Pietro say: "My whole life, I wanted to rush things, speed them up. And I did, until... until you came along. Every time you're around, everything seems to slow down. Look, I don't want to overstep or anything like that, but I really need to get this off my chest. Y/n, I think I like you..." Another silence. I was shocked, didn't know what to say. Eventually, when I was able to speak again, I said: "Maybe I'm making a huge mistake right now, and I don't even care. But if you die, it's all on me, it'll be my fault. What I'm trying to say is.... is that I like you too, Pietro." Oh god, did I really say that. Don't tell me I'm blushing too, why is love so hard? I wanted to walk away, to process what happened, but instead Pietro pulled me in by my arm. When our lips touched, it felt like, even if it was for a second, that I was complete for once. If we could, we would stay like that forever, but a loud thunderclap drove us apart. We just stood there, locked in each other's gaze and smiling. "That was... really good, Speedy." I said, with a smile I couldn't suppress. He looked at the ground and said: "How many time do I have to tell you that my name isn't Speedy?" "Maybe if you kiss me again, I'll come with a better one." I said. I just had to, I had to be bold for once. "Well, if that is the price, I'll pay it this time." he answered, but even before we kissed, he picked me up and speeded us to his bedroom. He looked at me and said: "Don't get anything in your head, Thunder. I just don't want to be alone in a natural version of a bomb storm." "Fine, because you insist." I said. So we fell asleep, me in his arms, feeling save. Feeling loved.