˗ˋ 01

CHAPTER ONE
✧ -: the beginnings :- ✧

MY VISION BECAME HAZY as tears streamed down my face.My hands are shaking a little bit. I looked at the white framed picture of me and my best friend Leila one last time.

Since kindergarten, she has been one of my closest friends. We had identical teddy bears and necklaces. She was everything to me, the ideal friend anyone could want. She was, in fact, my only friend. I inhale deeply and replace the photograph on the bedside table.

"Valencia hurry up!"Mom cried from the kitchen.

I quickly wipe away my tears. walking up to the mirror to double-check everything is in order.

I was dressed in a pair of light blue baggy jeans today. paired with a dark brown hoodie I put on a necklace with a tiny aqua diamond on it. I tuck my robe into my backpack and proceed downstairs.

As I walked down the stairs, the warm aroma of homemade pancakes tickled my nose.
"Did you get a good night's sleep?"
my mother inquired, While placing two pancakes on my plate.

"It was all right."I respond. I use the chocolate syrup to drizzle over my pancakes. I take my fork and cram the pancakes into my mouth. Warm chocolate makes my heart melt every time.

'I'm sure you will have a fantastic first day of school. You never know, wizards and witches might be more friendly than you think '.

"Mom, I'm a witch, and I'm not more "friendly,"I mumbled as I sipped my coffee.

"Good point, just trying to b-."

"Just trying to be supportive" I finish for her. She gave me a warm grin as she looked up. It makes me feel bad about my rude behaviour.

I've always wondered if I'm some kind of miracle. My parents both have lovely curly red hair. My long wavy brown hair, on the other hand, is the polar opposite of there's. When people first see me, they assume I'm an adopted child. I sometimes resent the fact that I don't resemble my family. But there are moments when I feel different .
"It's time to leave!"

Dad screamed from the street. I quickly put on my shoes and pick up my bags , which I load into the car. My mother walks through the back door and joins us.