˗ˋ 03

CHAPTER THREE

Valencia's POV:

PANSY AND I GOT pretty close after the whole Draco scandal.
She is arrogant and has a bad attitude, but she finally gets over it. It's been two days since the sorting took place.

I was drained that night, so I went to bed after writing a letter to my parents.
Blaise is a wonderful person with a great sense of humour. Mattheo didn't say anything, which irritates me.

He gave me a few strange looks when we sat in the common room. Ron seems to have twin brothers named Fred and George, who are both crazy. I spent the previous evening with them. They told me about all of their pranks and how they planned on dying Professor Snape's hair orange.

I say I'd love to see his expression when he sees himself. For the time being, he's on my list of professors who should not be on their bad side. He just seems odd. He has a grudge against Gryffindors. He took 15 points from Gryffindor in potion yesterday. Dean's potion exploded due to an accident. The professor's face and cape were soaked in a green wormy potion. The entire class busted out in laughter.
--------------------------------------

The cold tickled my feet, causing me to curl into a bundle. I pull the sheets up over my head and close my eyes. However, all I see is darkness. My mind is unable to focus on something.

Normally, when I am unable to sleep. I call Leila, and she tries to calm me down, but I'm no longer able to do so.
I take a peek at the clock on my nightstand.

It's midnight. I realize it's past curfew, but I just need to go for a walk. I get out of bed and slide into my slippers. Pansy continued to snore like a baby.

I slam-door behind me and make my way down the stairwell. The scent of cigarette smoke struck me square in the face. Looking to my left, I catch Mattheo smoking on the sofa. His gaze was focused on the flames. He has a jawline to die for.

His face glowed from the fire. But I'm not in the mood to chat. I walked slowly and quietly, trying not to make any noise.

"Heading somewhere,"
he said Without looking at me.

"It's none of your business," I spoke.

"Sure, but you realize that it's past curfew.
"Yeah, and what about it?" I ask.

"Well, you're probably going to get lost," he says. As he talked, he crossed one leg over the other.

I wish I could suggest that he show me the way and leave me alone. But I'm sure he won't. I just might try to sneak out and get caught.

I walked over to the couch and sat next to him, a small space between us.
"So, what are you doing here?" I inquire, avoiding eye contact.
As he exhales the smoke, he says, "Can't sleep."
"You?" he asks.

"Can't sleep," I stated.

He finally turned to face me and handed me the cigarette.

I try not to break eye contact, "No thanks."

"Oh, darling, a little won't hurt."
"Don't call me that," I say seriously.
"So, what's the matter with you? "Insomnia?" He questions as puts the cigarette out.
"Yea
"What about you?" I claim.

"That is for me to know and for you to discover."

"Are we serious about solving riddles?"

His brows drew together.

He responded, "I'm not sure are we?."

I scoff and make my way to the stairs.
"Watch the stars, they'll help you sleep."He shouted
I return to the room.
Maybe I should keep a log about all that happens.

I get my journal and ink quill out of my bag. I walk up to my bed and grab a blanket to wrap around me to stay warm. I took a place next to the window, which was slightly open. I fully open it and climb up to the roof.

The stars twinkled like tiny diamonds. The lights will always be my favourite because they show me the way. Nonetheless, I can appreciate the darkness because it allows me to see the stars. I take out my journal and begin writing about everything that comes to mind. I fill it up with things I can't understand when talking. After a while, I returned to my bed and fell asleep.

--------------------------------------------
Next morning

Mattheo POV; I woke with a headache the next morning, thinking to myself, "Great, I just wasted another whole night that I should have spent reading." I get out of bed and walk over to the bathroom. I turned on the cold shower. It made me shiver at first, but I got used to it. Why can't I just live a normal life? Why can't I be happy, get married, and start a family? Why is it that no one likes me? My mother left me when I was five years old. And my dad died... Turning off the shower, I grab a towel and wrap it around my waist. I comb my hair backwards. I put on my suit and loosely wrap my tie around my neck. I put on my robe and shut the door behind me. I don't have any spare time.

I despise it when people stare at me. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that they're afraid of me. However, I do not want them to follow up on my acts because it would negatively affect the plan.

As I entered the library and walked over to the shelves, all of the students fell silent. The first thing I noticed was Valencia, who was trying to reach the book containing all charms and spells. She can't see me, she'll ask questions. Good, she's heading somewhere.

Valencia's POV ;

"Hey, could you please pass me that book? I can't get to it."
I asked
He nodded and looked at me.
"Yeah sure,"
He steps over and hands it to me. As he was going to return to his seat, he tripped on my leg. He dropped to the ground after tripping. He flung himself on top of me.

My cheeks had turned a vibrant pink colour.
He stood up and extended his hand to me. I took it and stood up, my skirt was lifting and my underwear was revealing.
Why did I decide to wear such a short skirt?

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry". I said as I looked into his captivating eyes.
After a brief period of silence, He stumbled into a burst of laughter. His eyes welled up with tears.

I gave him a puzzled expression.

He swallowed his saliva and cleared his throat.

"Sorry" While laughing. "It's alright. It's entirely my fault," he said.
"It was min-" I start but he cuts me.
"What's your name? I've never seen you around here before."
He says with a curious voice
"I'm Valencia, I-I'm new here."
"I'm Cedric, and it's awesome to meet you.
He said as he shook my hand.

I seemed twitchy. My hands were sweating and I was on the verge of dropping my book.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go. I'll see you around."
he says, giving me a tiny wink as he turns away.

Mattheo; POV

I slowly emerge from my hiding place and lean against the shelves.

"I see you're flirting too early," I say.
She jumped when she heard my voice.

"Are you following me?" she yelled.

Everyone is staring at us.

"There's no need to yell, darling."

"Please, for the sake of God, don't call me that."

"What are you doing here, anyway?" She questions

"I'm not sure " I admitted.

I had no intention of telling her what I was up to.
"Great well I gotta go," she replied while she placed her book against her chest.

"Ms. Auclair, we can see your underwear"

I yelled as she backed away. She stuck up her middle finger and began running.
People are staring at me. I can't get what I want.
I might just leave it for tonight.
I make my way out and leave.

A\N: thx you guys for reading this chapter.pls, don't forget to vote and appreciate the time spent on this chapter. Also pls don't forget to leave suggestions. I love you!