˗ˋ 07

CHAPTER SEVEN

Valencia POV ;
I decided to get out of there as soon as possible. I needed to find a place where I could be alone. I stood up quickly after wiping away my tears. I continue walking until I enter the astronomy tower's stairwell. When I arrived, the breeze caused my dress to swirl. The stars were brilliantly illuminated. I placed my hands on the side of the counter. Tears poured down my cheeks without my knowledge. I wish I could step back in time and undo everything I've done. Cedric is unworthy of my attention. Someone better is needed for him. What bothers me, though, is that I am egotistical. Cedric is someone I love to have. I'm in desperate need of him. He's honest and kind, and he makes me feel good.
"Isn't it Valencia?" From behind me, I hear a familiar voice say.
Mattheo, to be precise. I brush my tears away and turn around.

"What are you doing here?"I ask.

"I'd like to ask you the same thing." He responds.

As I walk to the entrance, I say, "Never mind, have a nice night."
He takes my hand and holds it in place, stopping me from walking.
"Stay", he whispers calmly, his visions glimpsing the sky.
I took a seat at the edge without saying much.
I couldn't put my finger on it, but there was a pain in my chest that I couldn't explain. My vision got fuzzy as my eyes became watery.
Mattheo was seated beside me.
"What brought you here?" I ask.
"I have to take care of some family business." He responds.
Family business? his father died, however, his mother. I don't know about her, I must have never heard of her.
"Oh." I exclaim.
"What about you?" He ask
"I did something bad which led me to lose a loved one".
"And what is it exactly?"
"I kissed someone but I didn't know what I was doing. It didn't mean much to me, but then Cedric saw me."
"I don't blame him if you kissed someone else. I mean you guys had something so like he can not like what you did.However, if you truly did not mean it, you could try a truth potion."
"A truth potion?" I had never heard of that. But I have to try, so I'm going to the library tomorrow to see what's up.
"Oh, OK thank you!"
"So you like Cedric huh?"
Well yeah, He is so pure and good-hearted. He doesn't deserve someone like me. However, I despise myself for being selfish because I want Cedric to find love with someone else. But I want him.
Mattheo turned to face me. His brown eyes abruptly crumble.
"That is something I do for myself," he says.
I gave him a sly smile and nodded. I look up to the sky to find millions of shining stars searching for worlds like every time I get completely lost. I slowly close my eyes...

A/N: Hey guys sorry for the short chapter but the next chapter is gonna be long so making sure to vote and comment cause it really takes time to write especially with writer's block so pls comment and leave suggestions anyway love you guys byeeeee!!!!