Chapter - 17

Crystal’s POV 

“The powers are within you feel them.” Raygen commanded as I struggled to call Fiona for the umpteenth time. 

“It’s no use Ray, she isn’t responding.” I stumbled over, taking deep breaths as perspiration trickled down my face.

We were in the back garden trying to summon Fiona as instructed by Uncle Marvis. We had previously tested different ways of connecting with my chi, but nothing worked. The sun was now dancing on our heads.

“Let’s try meditating again.” Raygen wiped the sweat from her brows.

“No, it’s already blazing. I cannot continue this anymore.” I walked towards the mansion.

“You’re such a weakling.” Raygen blurted.

I took a sharp turn, my eyes widening as I stared at her mocking me.

“Eh, the kingdom is really unfortunate to have a Princess like you. I don’t know why Uncle Marvis is trying.” She continued. 

Anger coursed through my veins as I fisted my palms. Gritting my teeth to check myself from blurting out incoherent words. I knew she was deliberately doing this to spite me.

“Stop Raygen.” I gritted out.

“Huh, why should I? You are no match to me, I could easily roast you.” She chuckled, a red luminous flame dancing on her right palm. 

I felt a surge of power radiate to me as my hands raised on their own brilliant purple flame appearing, before an enormous ball of purple fire was thrown towards Raygen.

“Raygen move.” I shouted as Raygen ducked in time, escaping her demise.

The ball of fire landed on the rose bed, turning the beautiful flowers into ashes.

I am going to kill that filthy warlock.” Fiona spoke startlingly.

“You’re here?” I asked, astonished. 

“Yeah now let me kill her.” Fiona raged.

“Woah woah stop, she was just trying to help.” I tried to calm my chi.

“Help? She was blatantly insulting you.” Fiona shouted.

“Yo, stop shouting. Uncle Marvis wanted me to practice my powers, we were struggling to summon you.” I reprimanded. 

“Are you dumb?” Fiona mocked.

“Huh?” Why is she calling me dumb I thought.

“You just have to call my name if you want to summon me. Why did you have to do all this.” Fiona 

“I called your name so many times, but you never responded.” I scoffed at her.

“Um.. that, I was upset learning about your past. I was trying to heal.” She murmured. 

“Fiona are you alright now?” I asked, concern lacing my voice. 

“Yeah, I am ok now. I realised it was for your own benefit.” She replied happily. 

“What the heck was that?” Raygen shouted, breaking my conversation with Fiona.

“That was my chi. Your insults brought her out.” I replied looking at her bewildered expression. 

“Well, at least it worked.” Raygen was still drawing deep breaths while she responded. 

“So does she only come when you’re angry?”