Chapter - 36

As the car drove through the familiar paths leading to the place she once called home, a feeling of nostalgia grasped Crystal. She sat in the back, leaning against the window whilst she reminisced memories. Bennett sat shotgun as Jay drove down the forest path. Some country songs played on the radio, as Bennett bobbed his head to the beat and occasionally he hit Jay while trying to dance, to which the latter glared at the former.

“Bennett, can you please sit quietly for a second,” Jay exclaimed. 

“Nope, it makes me suffocate,” replied Bennett with a coy smile.

Jay huffed in annoyance before turning to look at the girl who sat behind them without a care in the world, “Cryst, can you ask your brother to behave.”

“He isn’t five Jay,” said Crystal, 

Jay let out a loud groan, while the siblings high-five. They were now closer to the Lunar Eclipse Pack boundaries. With her heightened senses, Crystal could see the patrol at a distance. 

“Was it wise to not inform them of our arrival?” Jay asked as they drove closer to the boundaries, alerting the patrol. The patrol guards now stood alert, following their vehicle like a hawk.

“We’ll be fine, they know me.” Crystal replied. She had thought of informing Xavier prior to her arrival, but Gael thought it would be splendid to give everyone a surprise. Well, who’s going to argue with the strong-headed wolf; No, thank you.

The car came to a stop, and in a blink, they were surrounded by the guards. Crystal pushed open the door, exiting it with a smile on her face. The guard standing on her side had his eyes bulging as he looked at her like he was seeing a ghost. 

“Crystal?” His voice came out shallow.

The other guards sucked in a breath as they heard him, and instantly everyone was bowing. This surprised Crystal a bit. Jay and Bennett now stood by her side with equally confused looks.

“Welcome back Luna,” one guard welcomed her.

“Luna?” Crystal asked, perplexed. It shocked her that Xavier would let everyone know the truth. 

“What are you waiting for? Escort your Luna,” said Bennett, urging everyone to their feet. Crystal gave Bennet a pointed look, to which he shrugged in return.

“Yes right, this way Luna.” The guard said, ushering them towards the pack.

They were guided towards the Alpha’s outdoor office. Distinct gasps were heard along the way as the pack members recognized Crystal. 

“It looks like you were a celebrity here,” said Jay as he closely walked by Crystal. 

“The opposite actually, I don’t get why everyone is behaving so weird,” replied Crystal, looking around her with a puzzled look.

“I think Xavier let the word out about you being mates,” chimed in Bennett. Crystal shrugged in reply.

The guard pushed open the door to the Alpha’s office near the pack borders and turned around, “Luna please wait here, while I mind link Alpha about your arrival.” 

“Inform my family too.” Crystal said, stepping inside the room, followed by Jay and Bennett. While waiting for the Alpha to grace them with his presence, the siblings noticed Jay profusely sweating and taking deep breaths. Upon asking, he dismissed it as the change in weather; 

As soon as word travelled around of Crystal’s sudden arrival, the pack broke into turmoil. Xavier and the others were in a meeting when they were mind-linked about the news. Gemma, Jake, Aiden sat frozen in their seats, while Xavier instantly ordered the guard to bring Crystal to the packhouse at once.