Chapter Thirty-Three: Notes of Advice

Xia didn't like what was happening. 

It wasn't as if anybody would have been able to blame her. The circumstances were far from being favorable, and everyone was fully aware of such a fact. Ever since Lex had mentioned that there was something on her mind, it had felt as if there was something constantly grating beneath the surface that drove Xia absolutely mad. She was constantly resisting the urge to bring it up even in situations where she knew it wasn't appropriate. Her boredom in class always seemed to prompt her brain to remind her of what Lex had mentioned. 

Xia wasn't a fool; she could see loud and clear that whatever it was that was bothering Lex was a big deal. She hadn't ever seen Lex so anxious and worked up, and if that wasn't a bad sign, Xia didn't know what was. She felt her leg begin to bounce up and down as she waited for the minutes to pass by for the end of the school day. Various factors, most notably homework, had kept the teenagers from being able to visit Hyperion for quite some time, and Xia hated it. She certainly preferred being in Hyperion to spending time on Earth, yes, but her worry over Lex was only making the wait more agonizing than it had any right to be. Xia was desperate for the world to throw her a bone and either let her know about what was going on or to make sure that she knew everything was going to be fine. The anxiety was starting to get to her, and that was something Xia never thought she would say. 

As a rule, Xia rarely got anxious about what was taking place in the world around her. She wasn't the type to allow her nerves to get to her, and having it suddenly strike her when she least expected it was beyond irritating. Xia didn't like being upset, whether it be with the world around her, those she cared for, or herself. Oftentimes when she was worked up, it was through anger rather than simple anguish that she found inescapable, and Xia had to say that she certainly preferred the rage that regularly flowed through her veins. That wasn't to say that she liked being mad or anything, but it was easier than being forced to comb through sensations of helplessness that made her feel as if nothing was going to be able to help her feel better. 

By the time the bell finally rang to signal the end of classes for the day, Xia pushed herself away from her desk with a scowl on her face. She packed up her bag and other miscellaneous items swiftly, not bothering to give anyone a second glance. She simply didn't see much of a point to it, and as Xia made her way to the front of the classroom she was in, her point was proven. Nobody bothered to look at her beyond a passing gaze, and she was relieved for it. Xia was desperate to get out of the school building so that she could do something to let off steam without upsetting those around her. 

Xia had only managed to take a few steps out of the classroom before the potential of a painless afternoon drifted away from her. She felt somebody knock into her shoulder before she could see them, and Xia's head whirled in the direction of the offender. "Watch it!" she snapped. Her grip tightened on the straps of her backpack, and she suddenly had a burning urge to be in Hyperion. She would have loved to be able to summon an attack made of Death energy before hurling it into the sky. That would have helped her to feel better, and it likely would have frightened the one who dared to get so close to her as well. 

As soon as Xia realized who the culprit was, she felt a growl forming in the back of her throat. Allison Camden looked back at her, and Xia resisted a dramatic roll of her eyes, knowing that it wasn't going to help anything. She had tons of reasons to despise Allison, but it wouldn't get her anywhere if she was openly petty. In fact, it would likely only put her in a worse mood, and Xia had more important things to focus on. If she could get all of her homework for the next day finished early, then she wouldn't have anything to worry about during the Clan Leaders' next trip to the Galaxy of Hyperion. Xia didn't want to have to concern herself with matters of Earth if she could avoid it.