Chapter 11

Y/N quickly opened the door, making Kaoru  stop what he was doing and look over to see what was wrong with his adoptive daughter. "Y/N?" Kaoru asked, seeing that Y/N was wiping her eyes with her shirt's sleeve. Y/N only sadly stared at Kaoru. holding back a sob as she ran up the stairs and into her room, slamming it shut. Kaoru looked up, a worried expression on his face as he got up from his chair and walked up the stairs.

As Kaoru stood in front of Y/N's bedroom door, he hesitantly raised his first and gently knocked on it. "Can I come in?" Kaoru asked, only receiving silence as a response. Kaoru pressed his ear against the door, hearing sobs coming from the room. Kaoru immediately opened the door, being greeted by the sight of Y/N laying on her bed, holding a pillow close to her chest.

tears were running down her face, Y/N sniffling as she held the pillow tighter. "I hate you..." Y/N mumbled, burying her face into the pillow. Kaoru's heart ached, instantly going over to Y/N and taking her into his arms. "Shh, Shh, It's okay..." Kaoru muttered, rocking Y/N back and forth as she cuddled into his chest. As Kaoru hushed Y/N and slowly began to brush her (H/C) hair, Y/N softly whispered "Am I a monster?"

Kaoru was taken back by the question, looking down at Y/N as he asked back "What do you mean by that?". Kaoru eyes than widened, gritting his teeth as he mumbled "Did those brats bother you again?". Y/N shook her heard, sitting up as she told Kaoru what happened. "Reki found out..." Y/N said, Kaoru's look softening as he realized what Y/N meant by that.

"Oh...." "He was mad...and than I tired to explain to him why...but-" Y/N was interrupted once Kaoru took her back into his arms, rubbing her back as she whispered into her ear "It's okay, you don't need to explain any more...". Y/N nodded, wrapping her own arms around Kaoru as she felt more tears go down her face.

"You're not a monster, Y/N." Kaoru said, taking a handkerchief out and wiping Y/N's face with it. "But..." "But nothing." Kaoru gave Y/N a small kiss on her forehead, moving some bangs away from her face as he smiled. "You're so much cuter without your bangs." Kaoru muttered, Y/N blushing and looking away in embarrassment.

Kaoru chuckled, putting the bangs back where they were and giving another kiss to Y/N.

"Hey..." "Hm? what is it?" "....nothing."

                                                            ~~~~~~~~~

The day of the qualifiers came for the tournament, and Y/N and Joe were in the current group to see who would advance. Langa and Miya were in the previous groups, and had managed to place in the top 2 which had them progress to the tournament. Along with them, Adam also (not surprisingly) managed to progress to the tournament, racing Miya and getting first place while the younger male was second.

When her group was called to the starting line, Y/N was about to head off until Cherry Blossom grabbed her arm and kneeled to her height. "Have fun while you're out there." Cherry Blossom said, giving her a small smile under his balaclava, "and if you aren't in the top 2, don't be bummed about it."

"Pfft, you act like I'm not going to win this." Y/N said, making Cherry Blossom softly chuckle and release her arm. "Break a leg!" Cherry Blossom said as Y/N waved back at him as she went to the starting line, though quickly noticed that a group of masked skaters at the starting line were whispering to each other when Y/N arrived.

As Y/N went next to Joe, Joe looked over at her and said "You know, I'm not going to go easy on you." Y/N looked back at him, seeing that he had a soft smile on his face as he said "If you can handle Adam, you can handle me.". Y/N smirked at him and nodded, not seeing that the masked skaters behind her secretly say something to each other.