Chapter 14

Kaoru sat down beside the Y/N's hospital bed as he watched her sleep, not wanting to leave her side. the fright that he was given for the last 4 days was so severe that he couldn't bare to leave her side. As nighttime came and the moon's light went through the hospital room's window, Kojiro went over to his friend and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"It's time to go, Kaoru..." Kojiro told the pink haired man, Kaoru staying quiet as he stared at his adoptive daughter's chest go up and down as she slept peacefully, "We can visit Y/N again tomorrow.". Kaoru just shook his head, not looking back at Kojiro as he muttered "I'm staying.....".

Kojiro just sighed, saying to Kaoru "I understand why, but I can't let you stay in this state.". Kaoru looked down, tightening his grip on his Yukata as he mumbled to Kojiro "I should have been there with her...". Kaoru started to feel tears go down his face and fall down to his Yukata, wetting it as he tried to wipe them away.

"If....If I actually paid attention to where I was going, Y/N wouldn't be here...." "Kaoru, nobody knew this was going to happen, don't beat yourself over this." Kojiro helped Kaoru get off the chair, Kaoru stumbling a bit as he looked back to see that Y/N was still in slumber. "You can stay at my place for the night...." Kojiro said, opening the room door to let Kaoru go out first.

Before Kaoru left the room, he went to Y/N and softly pressed a kiss to her forehead, whispering a soft "I love you..." to her. He than left the room, Kojiro giving one final look at Y/N before following the pink haired man out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reki was the last person to hear about Y/N's hospitalization....

Originally, he was going to visit Y/N at Kaoru's house to return her newly fixed skateboard. But he was only greeted by a visiting Kojiro that Y/N was not there. "Where is she than?" Reki asked, feeling worried for whatever happened to the young girl. "The hospital...." Kojiro said, Reki's eyes widening when he heard that. "What do you mean?" "Y/N was attacked, and had to be sent to the hospital for the next few days..." Reki didn't need any more information, as he already ran off to find Y/N.

When he entered the hospital that Y/N was checked in to, he immediately asked a nurse where Y/N's room was. When the nurse told him the door's number, Reki quickly went down the hospital's hall to locate the room. When he found it, he didn't bother to knock and opened the door.

When Reki stepped foot inside the room, he saw that all the lights were off. Reki was about to turn them on, but noticed that Y/N was fast asleep on her hospital bed, her heart monitor beeping slowly. Reki approached Y/N, making sure that he didn't wake her up.

"Y/N..." Reki mumbled, sitting down on the chair that was already pulled out. Reki looked down, not knowing what he should say as he felt like he was the last person that Y/N wanted to see. He said such terrible things to Y/N the last time they met, and he didn't want to make things worse between them.

Just than, the heart monitor started to beep more faster, Y/N opening her eyes and looking over to see Reki sitting at her bedside. "Reki?" Y/N said, sitting up as Reki realizing that Y/N was now awake. "Oh....." Reki said, getting up from the chair as Y/N rubbed her eyes. "Are...Are you okay?" Reki asked, Y/N not saying anything as she shyly looked away from him.

Reki softly sighed, taking Y/N's skateboard out of the black duffle bag her was carrying and handed it to Y/N. "I fixed it..." Reki said, Y/N taking a good look at her skateboard and instantly taking it from Reki. "Just had to put so superglue on it...heh." Reki scratched the back of his head, waiting to see what Y/N's reaction would be.

"T-Thank you..."

Reki looked at Y/N, seeing that she had a small smile on her face as she looked at the skateboard. Reki smiled a bit himself, blushing softly as he giggled to himself. "I better get going..." Reki said, knowing that it would soon get awkward between the two if he stayed.

However, before he left, he felt Y/N grab his arm. Reki looked back, seeing that Y/N had a pleading look in her eyes as she asked him "Can you...please stay?". Reki went quiet for a bit, but eventually nodded and went back to sitting on the chair.

"I saw you at the first day of the tournament..." Y/N said, Reki knowing what she was talking about, "You still came despite...what happened.". Reki chuckled, giving Y/N a sad smile as he said "I just went because I wanted to see how things played out...". Reki looked up, Y/N holding her skateboard close to her as he said "I won't deny....it was mainly to see if you were going to race Adam..."

Y/N giggled softly, looking over at Reki when he said the three words she didn't expect to hear...

"I'm sorry."

Y/N stared at Reki, seeing that he now had a frown on his face and was looking down at the floor. "I know you won't forgive me...but I wanted to say this as I felt awful these past few days..." Reki muttered, which made Y/N smile softly and get up from the hospital bed.

"Reki, you're my friend..." Y/N said, wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging him, "What do you mean I won't forgive you?". As Reki heard that, he immediately felt tears forming in his eyes and he wrapped his own arms around Y/N. "You really.....still consider me you're friend?" Reki asked, Y/N nodding and looking at him with a big smile.

"Of course!" Y/N exclaimed, Reki smiling as tears began to fall down his face and embracing Y/N. "I'm so glad you're okay...." Reki muttered, him and Y/N not noticing that the door to the hospital room just opened. "Are we interrupting something?" someone asked, causing Y/N and Reki to turn and see who it was.

It was Kaoru, standing beside him being Kojiro. The two both had soft smiles on their faces, having both connected the dots on what was happening. "Oh, I was just taking my leave..." Reki nervously said, releasing Y/N and about to go out the hospital room. "Hold on," Kojiro said, wrapping an arm around Reki and leading him out the hospital room.

As Kaoru shook his head and chuckled at Kojiro telling Reki that the two were "Going to have a talk.", Y/N went back onto her hospital bed and laid back down. "Finally made up?" Kaoru asked, turning to face Y/N as she nodded, and covered herself with the hospital blankets. Kaoru smiled, going over to Y/N and giving her a small kiss on her forehead.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaoru softly brushed a hand through Y/N's hair, watching her as she hummed to herself and drew on a notepad that was given to her by one of the nurses. As Kaoru smiled at Y/N, he heard a knock coming from the hospital's room door. "Come in!" Kaoru said, thinking that it was either Kojiro or a doctor that was going to do their routinely check up on Y/N.

But, when the door opened, Y/N's eyes widened when she saw who it was. It was Ainosuke, who gave a smile to Kaoru as he told him "Excuse me, but may I have a talk with your daughter?" Kaoru only tilted his head in confusion, asking Ainosuke "What for?"

"I heard about your daughter's brutal attack, and wanted to visit her to see if she was doing fine." Ainosuke said, looking over at Y/N and gave her a big smile. Y/N only hid behind Kaoru, Kaoru looking back and calming Y/N by patting her head.

"Don't worry..." Kaoru said, getting up from the bed and pressing a small kiss on Y/N's forehead, "I'll be right back.". As Kaoru left the room, he accidently bumped into Kojiro. "Watch where you're going, you gorilla..." Kaoru said, giving Kojiro an annoyed look but soon saw that Kojiro had a serious look on his face.

"Kaoru, that guy you just let in....." "What about him?"

"That's Y/N's father....."

Author's note: Sorry for how short this chapter was! I promise that the next chapter will be longer (and more better written)